Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you save money?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Do you save money or do you spent it faster than you can earn it?

If you're saving. What are your goals?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Saving. I'm in for a new car.

:)

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Saving when I'm able to for retirement, even though it's 30 years or more away and also for rainy day funds.

S

salma

I always try to save some money whenever i receive some, this si for rainy days, those days when things are not working out and you need money, you can always bounce back to your savings. plus it's a good idea to save for you never know when a storm will come calling.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I've been trying to save my money so that my wife and I can move out of her parents' house and get our own place. Thankfully she got a new job back in August so it's been easier to save up with both of us working. I think we're just going to rent a place for now, and maybe further down the line look into owning our own place.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I'm always saving and I have always been good at saving however this year and the last 4 months has been hard. And what I saved is gone. New PC parts since others failed. I had to renew my website and the bills, then also I had to spend on other days to day things. That's over 1k gone in that month.

Worse I don't work at the moment and able to save around $50 to $80 a month.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I've saved nothing. I always spend. I spent the last money I received and I continue to spend. That's the way things are for me.
You should try and save :) maybe one day you can buy something worth 6K if you saved

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Now that I've got my car, the next stage is to start saving for my first house which is obviously years away but it's probably good to start saving now. The government has this help to buy ISA thing which I contribute £200 a month to. They will then contribute 25% of my final amount towards a deposit which is nice.

JoyFreak

Gaming
Reaction score
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Hubux
$1,283
Winbux
$0.00
Now that I've got my car, the next stage is to start saving for my first house which is obviously years away but it's probably good to start saving now. The government has this help to buy ISA thing which I contribute £200 a month to. They will then contribute 25% of my final amount towards a deposit which is nice.
Ah congrats! What car is it? Did you buy it yourself or did you parents chip in? I need to get on the driving lessons.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I save money. Learned that from my parents. We don't have credit cards & while we may splurge on occasion, only buy what we need.
I don't rely on credit cards but I do have one just so that my credit score improves. It's quite an annoying thing that you have to get into "debt" to prove that you're good with money.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,985
Winbux
$0.00
I don't rely on credit cards but I do have one just so that my credit score improves. It's quite an annoying thing that you have to get into "debt" to prove that you're good with money.
So agree with you! When my husband & I went to buy our first house 20 some years ago, we weren't approved for the loan even tho we had a good chunk of money to put down (we both saved a lot). So we had to get a credit card, put stuff on it, moved to a trailer for a few months to pay "rent" to prove to them that we could afford it. Irony.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I save money by having a portion of my pay taken out and put into a 401k account. I have one credit card that I pay off in full when the bill comes in. I don't buy things that I "want", I only buy things that I "need".