Do you take staffing seriously?

Terminated

Hasta la vista, baby
Top Poster Of Month
Hubux:
132¢
When the owner of a forum approaches you with a staff position on their forum and you take it. Do you think little of it or do you take it seriously?

Myself personally. I would take it seriously and would stay more active on the board. Being asked says a lot in fact. I would take into account that the owner has a full plate. They're having to deal with the financial side of things, they're have to go off site and promote it, and they have worldly obligations. Them asking me or you is saying "Hey, I need help. Will you stay on and manage the forum while I'm gone please?" and I think that should be taken into "heavily" into account.

I have little respect for staff members that are inactive while one staff member struggles with the bulk of everything. That's really not fair to them. The only exception would be unless the inactive staff member is a sponsor and is paying for everything, then that is understandable.

Reactions: Phenom

Phenom

The Shape
It's Spooky Season!
Diamond Member
Hubux:
1,234¢
Adult Cafe Forum Access
When the owner of a forum approaches you with a staff position on their forum and you take it. Do you think little of it or do you take it seriously?

Myself personally. I would take it seriously and would stay more active on the board. Being asked says a lot in fact. I would take into account that the owner has a full plate. They're having to deal with the financial side of things, they're have to go off site and promote it, and they have worldly obligations. Them asking me or you is saying "Hey, I need help. Will you stay on and manage the forum while I'm gone please?" and I think that should be taken into "heavily" into account.

I have little respect for staff members that are inactive while one staff member struggles with the bulk of everything. That's really not fair to them. The only exception would be unless the inactive staff member is a sponsor and is paying for everything, then that is understandable.
Have you ever been staff on a community? If so, which one(s)?

I agree, every staff member should be contributing in whatever manner they can. It can be the most frustrating thing in the world when an administrator creates a community and offers positions out for people to help, they accept them and then disappear without a word. It's one of the things that has frustrated me to no end. When offered a staff position, I do everything in my power to be active, contribute to the growth of the community and help make new content on a regular basis that contributes to discussion and hopefully draws members back in.

Reactions: Terminated

Empire

Kicking
It's Spooky Season!
Hubux:
489¢
I always had to deal with the front of the house and back, I never had a staff member that lifts my work off for me. Regards a mod anyway. I had mods come in and they all up in arms about it then weeks later they dye and not active. I just don't have luck with staff as mods and end of the day I do it all myself anyway. MIght take the job longer as I'm the only one doing it but it will get done.

Unless it's paid work it's different. If you paying someone to do something for you then you expect the job to be done

Demon_skeith

Moving truck is scheduled!
Hubux:
510¢
I try to be while understand life happens outside of forums. These days I'm kind of too relaxed but mostly due to my staff working for free. Now if I paid them, I be cracking the whip a bit more.

Empire

Kicking
It's Spooky Season!
Hubux:
489¢
Even hard to get staff to be active unless they have awards and things to get if they are doing something

Members online

What Are We Listening To?

• When It's Dark Out
    Me, Myself & I
    G-Eazy feat. Bebe Rexha
    When It's Dark Out
  • if we never met (remix)
    if we never met - remix
    John K feat. Sigala
    if we never met (remix)

Status Updates

Phenom wrote on Ash's profile.
There's also an issue with quoting where it doesn't show the quote boxes.
Ash wrote on Phillip's profile.
Hey Phillip! Welcome to Discussion Hub :)
Ash
I am aware of an issue with inserting emojis, gifs and images. Looking to sort that out guys :)
Ash
Can we hit 10K before Halloween guys?
Guys, VAR is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preneur