Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you think it's too much being in a long distance relationship?

Ikenna

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,909
Winbux
$0.00
Personally I feel that long-distance relationship is very stressful kind of relationship because you are not always in contact with your partner which makes it more frustrating. There is always a high chance of your partner cheating on you because you are not always around when he or she needs to be with you sexually.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
I'm currently in a long-distance relationship - but it's not so bad, because my partner lives only two hours away from me, and we meet up at least once a month (sometimes more).

Long-distance relationships with no physical contact whatsoever, on the other hand, are too much for me. After my last one (with someone in the US) fell apart, I vowed that I would never pursue a relationship with anyone outside the UK (or maybe Ireland), because I absolutely needed to see my partner in person on at least a semi-regular basis.

RankWebSEO

A new face
Reaction score
Website
promotewww.com
Hubux
$2,295
Winbux
$0.00
There is always a high chance of your partner cheating on you because you are not always around when he or she needs to be with you sexually.
Can you give guarantee that if you are with your partner then he or she will not cheat you??? I think i am not agree with this point because its all game of our mind and showing that how much you are believing on your partner. If your partner want to cheat you then he will cheat at any place does not matter you are with him or managing long distance relationship.

Ikenna

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,909
Winbux
$0.00
Can you give guarantee that if you are with your partner then he or she will not cheat you??? I think i am not agree with this point because its all game of our mind and showing that how much you are believing on your partner. If your partner want to cheat you then he will cheat at any place does not matter you are with him or managing long distance relationship.
Don't get me wrong, I understand exactly what you're trying to say and it's true as well. But what I'm stressing is the possibility of something influencing your partner to cheat. If you do right by your partner in every way possible, if he or she values the relationship, he or she wouldn't cheat. But being absent physically will definitely have it toll on your partner.

Uncrowned Guard

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Website
uncrownedempire.com
Hubux
$956
Winbux
$0.00
They certainly add struggles into the mix, but certainly are not impossible or even impractical. Many people deal with long business trips, traveling for work, and numerous other issues that strain standard relationships and things work out. Plus in the modern world, it is easier than ever, not like you have to write a letter and wait a week to hear a reply, in fact in the busy world we live in, a long distance relationship may talk to each other more than living together.

As for cheating, I would really not get too hung up on it. People that live together cheat literally all the time and the fear of it happening does discourage those relationships from the start. Sure, there are likely more chances and abilities to cheat in a long-distance relationship, but it still requires people willing to cheat... and personally I don't see "I don't cheat as I am stuck living with my significant other and don't have the time" as a healthy relationship bond.

sunflowerlover

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,732
Winbux
$0.00
Personally I feel that long-distance relationship is very stressful kind of relationship because you are not always in contact with your partner which makes it more frustrating. There is always a high chance of your partner cheating on you because you are not always around when he or she needs to be with you sexually.
I agree I have been there and done that,they never work out in my opinion,because of that reason.

Jega

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$956
Winbux
$0.00
I can't be in a long distance relationship. Why would I put myself through the stress of long distance relationship? I can always find whom I can love and love me back in close proximity.

Mimi

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,039
Winbux
$0.00
Long distance relationship isn't for me. It's going to be very difficult for me to cope because I'm the clingy type of person. Some people make the mistake of not being truthful about what they want because of what they want to gain temporarily in the relationship and jump into long distance relationship.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,217
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I am in a long-distance relationship myself at the moment and I have been for nearly 9 years now. I live in England, the UK and he lives in the USA. It's not easy but we find ways to communicate and spend time with one another and that helps. We are hoping to meet soon once we are able to afford it. If it's something you really want and you both really love one another you will find ways to make it work no matter how difficult it gets.