Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you use anti-virus softare?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
It's never been a very big concern for me. I don't have one installed for my Macbook Pro. I think Windows Defender is pretty good for my work computer. Whenever I do decide to purchase anti-virus software or if anyone is asking for a recommendation I usually suggest Webroot because the software is not very clunky and is reliable.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I use Avast - A free all-in-one service combining antivirus, VPN, speed-up, and security tools to help you stay private and safe.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I don't recall if I've ever used Avast. That's interesting that the service is available for free. I wonder how they make their revenue as a company.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I use Avast - A free all-in-one service combining antivirus, VPN, speed-up, and security tools to help you stay private and safe.
Avast One Essential I'm guessing? I used to have the stand-alone version of Avast but after resetting my laptop, I heard about this all-in-one thing so went for this instead. Seems to be pretty good so far

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
No, I'm not even really aware of any AVs for linux except for clamAV which I think is mostly used for mail servers rather than a desktop.

I'm not too worried, just gotta make sure you don't use user repositories too often and if you do then check the pkgbuild

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I used to use free and always used free Avast, however, I was always sick and tired of popups and fake pay more to get this :( After a while, I removed it and used windows defender that's built into windows and then Enable my firewall on my gaming style router :p

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
I use Comodo on all of my computers. It's free and it's up there with Malewarebytes.

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
I just use the built-in antivirus in Windows. I don't see much of a need for anything more since I use Brave browser and block scripts on unfamiliar sites.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I just got rid of the free avast antivirus browser chrome extension. No idea how that got there in the first place. It was making ads not loading and being weird.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
We have McAfee. It came with our new computer. I didn’t care for McAfee many years ago but right now, they are doing a good job. Before, we had the AVG, free version. Ironically, they were quite good at keeping out viruses. Tried Norton but wasn’t impressed.

Nomad

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
I use the free version of 360 Total Security. I have been using this anti-virus software for 3 years and it works perfectly fine. I was using Panda Cloud previously. I have tried using premium anti-virus, but later I found it unnecessary to go pro because free version also works pretty well.