Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you use your mobile Hotspot?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
My mobile service provider has helped me out with its Hotspot feature that's included in my phone plan today. For whatever reason my wifi decided to crap out on me today in the middle of my back to back meetings. It's not the fastest connection but at least it was reliable enough to keep me connected during my zoom calls. I may have to chance internet providers soon if the connection remains spotty.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
No, I don't use it. Mobile hotspots are, usually, significantly slower than Wi-Fi or even MiFi hotspots. Additionally, turning your phone into a hotspot can mean massive data overcharges. This type of mobile hotspot can eat up your data and use up your monthly data allowance much more quickly than you otherwise would.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
Not normally, no. I don't have unlimited data so I don't normally use it unless I think it's necessary and then I make sure to use it sparingly over the course of the month if I do have to.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I've been lucky enough to have unlimited hotspot with my phone plan. I totally agree if you don't have this feature it can definitely eat up your data! I think I had to only use it for about an hour and I had already used up almost 1gb of data.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Nah, the only time I could imagine having a use for it is for the one or two days a year where my ISP goes down but I'm grand just using my phone itself until the ISP gets its shit sorted

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I'd like to say that I can get by without internet if I'm off the clock ...but working remotely now it's impossible to work without a reliable internet connection!

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
On my work phone i do now and then when the laptop WI-FI acts up.

I do not have a work phone. Now that remote work has become the new norm perhaps my employer would consider it down the line as we continue to grow as a company. For now I rather they focus on offering a 401K option though!

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
All networks and phones have that option, but Mine is always off. I never had to use it or need to. I get good data a month for me to have wifi off and save battery :)

Even on my home network I have my wifi off on my phone and use my data, then again my phone network is faster then my home network :p

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I only do it on work devices to circumvent what my work can see I'm browsing.. ? I have unlimited data, so why not.

I try not to take it to extremes though. Ultimately I'm still getting my work done.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I only do it on work devices to circumvent what my work can see I'm browsing.. ? I have unlimited data, so why not.

I try not to take it to extremes though. Ultimately I'm still getting my work done.
I see i'm not the only one :p

And i'm the only one in my office that has a laptop, everyone else uses a normal PC with wired internet :p

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Goodness this week my hotspot seriously saved me. If I didn't have it I would have had to pack up my stuff and go into the office to work. I spent most of Monday going back and forth with my ISP to get my internet back up and running.