Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Doctor Who

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
My wife and I recently starting watching Doctor Who, we've been watching the reboot from 2005. We're currently about to start the next Christmas special that was released in 2009, so we're on the 10th doctor who is played by David Tennant. We've been meaning to watch this show for years, I'm not sure why it took us this long to watch it. xD My favorite companion so far has been Donna, her dynamic with the Doctor is hilarious! My wife is looking forward to seeing the 11th doctor though, since she has a crush on Matt Smith. Her and I have thought about maybe checking out the old seasons, but it probably won't be until we are caught up.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I used to be big into it but I stopped paying attention years ago - IMO David Tennant's era is the peak of the show, didn't like Matt Smith at first but he did eventually grow on me, but I just kinda felt like the writing fell to pieces after Moffat took over as the lead writer. He was a lot better when he was just writing random episodes / 2-parters.

Never watched any of the 12th doc, and unsure if there's been any reincarnations since :p

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,985
Winbux
$0.00
My mom had watched the older episodes back in the day. I started watching with Christopher Eccleston in 2005. Eccleston was good but I really liked David Tennant bringing the character to life. Matt Smith, he took a while for me to like. I feel Peter Capaldi was a tad too old for the character. Even though the older ones had older men. The storylines with Jodie Whittaker didn’t hold me so I quit. Now there is a new doctor, Ncuti Gatwa.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I've watched a few random episodes here and there, including reading a Doctor Who book a long time ago. Other than that, I've not really been interested in the series that much.

If I didn't have such a big backlog of TV shows and movies to watch, I would definitely try to watch a few more episodes.