Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Does anyone purchase software anymore?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,391
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I tend to use all free programs unless they're old software that for some reason still works with Windows, at least for the present time. Does anyone purchase software anymore? Or do you find that the free stuff is just as good?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
A humble bundle might do great software deals where you get allot for a low price and they are all legit real deal keys. But like anything else when there is new the old gets kicked and you have to rebuy again to get the new.

Not cheap at times.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
Free programs. I try to avoid paying for any kind of services when it comes to a computer.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I have never paid for software. I get my office subscription from my uni and some other software licenses from them as well. The rest is all free software.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I've only paid for games on my PC, other than that the programs I use are free. I feel that the free alternatives offer enough features for what I do. Open office is just as good as Microsoft Office so I use that whenever I write articles for a website, and I use Openshot video editor to edit my videos I make from time to time. Gimp and MS paint do the trick for me whenever I make images.