Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Domain Renewals

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
How do you guys manage your domain renewals? Do you stick with one company or do you transfer it to another company to save some money?

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
Currently I have only one .com domain and I got it for free on 5 years. I will transfer it later to Namesilo since reneval is 9$ and currently looks as best offer. Also registar is very stable, support is good.

Jason

Troubleshooter
Reaction score
Website
webmasterchill.com
Hubux
$218
Winbux
$0.00
I have my domains registered with Namecheap and i have no interest in transfer it to other registrars. Namecheap gives coupon regularly but still their price look little high compared to others.

Smokey

Twitch Streamer - Revillution.net Owner.
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,019
Winbux
$0.00
This past May i had to renew my domain name, so i set it to auto-renew in 2 years and paid $60 for it total. So my domain is safe & secure for another 2 years. :) I find doing it this way is better and cheaper in the long run.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I tend to do it two to three years renewable but the last year I did it fr a year. I stay with the same company and yet my renewable fees are £18 a year. Is that high?

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
I haven't switched domain registrars in a few years, as I have been happy with the one I have been using for a few years now.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I tend to do it two to three years renewable but the last year I did it fr a year. I stay with the same company and yet my renewable fees are £18 a year. Is that high?
£18 a year is a bit too much. You could probably get a way better deal by transferring it to someone else. Who is your registrar?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
£18 a year is a bit too much. You could probably get a way better deal by transferring it to someone else. Who is your registrar?
Might do in 2021 as my renewable fee is coming in two weeks and need to have time to swap to and from you know LOL No idea who to go with that the renewable price is the same each year

tdbnz

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,646
Winbux
$0.20
Personally I stick to one company and for me that is NameCheap

Why Name cheap they offer loads of domains, Great support , & Free Who is Guard to protect your website details showing up online

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Personally I stick to one company and for me that is NameCheap

Why Name cheap they offer loads of domains, Great support , & Free Who is Guard to protect your website details showing up online
How much is your domain renewable fee each time then?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Transferred a .co.uk domain from IONOS to NameCheap and I think I paid around £7 for it
Good price, I did that last month for one of my Domains and paid $20 for two years otherwise it was $18 a year on my other server

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I typically just stick to whatever registrar I used to buy the domain. I did transfer one of my domain names in the past from one registrar to another, but it wasn't because it was close to being expired, I didn't have a good experience with the other registrar.