Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

• Welcome to the Groups feature Guest! Official and user groups allow you to take part in discussions and events related to the interests and hobbies of the Discussion Hub Community. For more information, read our Groups Information Megathread post.

Memory Lane

This is memory lane, a place to discuss things you loved from childhood!

Quick Overview

Category
User Groups
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Early Website Appearance

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I think it's easy to figure out that websites have drastically changed in terms of their appearance. The simple HTML and CSS looks dominated the internet for a long time but have disappeared over the years. Do you guys miss the simplicity of old sites?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I think it's easy to figure out that websites have drastically changed in terms of their appearance. The simple HTML and CSS looks dominated the internet for a long time but have disappeared over the years. Do you guys miss the simplicity of old sites?
Oh, absolutely. I miss the days where every site had a repeating background images and that one skull gif lol

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
And the good old days when websites were completely coded using tables, images and linked images. Oh my what a nostalgic feeling.
I know right? Back when people didn't add fancy graphic effects to their sites

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I just see how bad the coding was back then, yeah looks good and amazing and yet was not super fast and loading time was just bad. If you know tour web developer then you can see how bad it was back then.

Do miss what they were and what was like back then. He;;, 2005 I had those good days

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I just see how bad the coding was back then, yeah looks good and amazing and yet was not super fast and loading time was just bad. If you know tour web developer then you can see how bad it was back then.

Do miss what they were and what was like back then. He;;, 2005 I had those good days
Oh yeah the coding was primitive, but in the days of static sites it at leadt felt more secure.

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
Back in the days websites were designed in photoshop, sliced and then just linked using tags. All of that just done using a table.

I am guilty myself, I started designing websites using tables until I understood CSS and the proper use of DIV tags. ?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Back in the days websites were designed in photoshop, sliced and then just linked using tags. All of that just done using a table.

I am guilty myself, I started designing websites using tables until I understood CSS and the proper use of DIV tags. ?
Hell, I was guilty of that, myself! And the site I'm thinking of was from 2006!

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Hahaha, well mine was back in 2010 I think. People were moving away from tables, and I was learning how to use tables ?
Oh damn! Haha! Still even so it was probably kinda cool looking at it and thinking... "Old school"

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Such a Nostalgic feeling ?
I know right? My friend used to make sites with a similar kinda look and looking at it now makes me hella nostalgic.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Designing a website back them was quite simple back then, but now technology has evolved huh a lot..
Yeah haha. Hell anyone who knew basic html could set up a page.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Haha, I had to soon learn CSS.

Check this out, Facebook, back in 2004. They used tables too. So nostalgic isn't it

Woah, that's quite cool actually. Never thought of using the Wayback Machine for popular sites lol. Kind of crazy to think the guy made the site back then to check out girls ?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Woah, that's quite cool actually. Never thought of using the Wayback Machine for popular sites lol. Kind of crazy to think the guy made the site back then to check out girls ?
I do it for sites like google and ebay sometimes lol