Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Electric Cars

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$853
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
Damnit, they are?! I need to go get me an EV! :D

Yeah, I believe that was one of Mr. Biden's brilliant plans to thwart climate change and promote everyone transitioning to electric cars... Also I believe the goal was that higher EV demand would create jobs with more of these electric cars being manufactured/assembled in the US. I think that's worked out as planned, but still not exactly feasible for most folks.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,054
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Yeah, I believe that was one of Mr. Biden's brilliant plans to thwart climate change and promote everyone transitioning to electric cars... Also I believe the goal was that higher EV demand would create jobs with more of these electric cars being manufactured/assembled in the US. I think that's worked out as planned, but still not exactly feasible for most folks.
The downside is those cars are definitely not the way forward. They're going to cause problems as they start to age, like any electronic device. E-waste.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
I guess Biden didn't take into account that we use Oil to make plastic and other products, not to mention some electric power plants still rely on coal & other fossil fuels to produce electricity.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$853
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
The downside is those cars are definitely not the way forward. They're going to cause problems as they start to age, like any electronic device. E-waste.

My understanding is that those huge lithium batteries are an ordeal to dispose of. Nothing like replacing one problem with another. :p

I guess Biden didn't take into account that we use Oil to make plastic and other products, not to mention some electric power plants still rely on coal & other fossil fuels to produce electricity.

I actually listened to a podcast the other day talking about all the different materials that are produced with oil. It's crazy, and we're no where near the point where we can get away from that.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,054
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
My understanding is that those huge lithium batteries are an ordeal to dispose of. Nothing like replacing one problem with another. :p
Yeah, they're essentially massive paper weights, and they cost as much as the car itself to replace (well, as much as A car to replace, lol). False economy.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$853
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
Yeah, they're essentially massive paper weights, and they cost as much as the car itself to replace (well, as much as A car to replace, lol). False economy.

Yeah, one of my friends actually owns a Tesla (an older one), and he had to get a new battery a couple months ago. I believe the cost was like $25,000 for a new battery and then the labor of installing the new one and properly disposing of the old.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,054
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Yeah, one of my friends actually owns a Tesla (an older one), and he had to get a new battery a couple months ago. I believe the cost was like $25,000 for a new battery and then the labor of installing the new one and properly disposing of the old.
Just insanity. How anyone thinks they're the answer is beyond me. Bring on the hydrogen fuel cell, at least that's feasible.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
It’s a good thing our government is providing $7.500 tax credits to folks buying them then. 😂
I had heard the US government was pushing people into upgrading to electric vehicles but I had no clue they were offering money for them to do that.

That will not end well at all.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday

So how is that going to attract the majority of Americans who feel the pinch of inflation caused by this current administration? I don't think they thought this one through enough.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Electric cars are good for metro areas at the moment, but not anywhere else.

I totally agree. I live in the country and it takes me a half hour to get anywhere. I don't think an electric vehicle is something I'd want to try to rely on at this point. It's just not ready for the mass public right now.