Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

• Welcome to the Groups feature Guest! Official and user groups allow you to take part in discussions and events related to the interests and hobbies of the Discussion Hub Community. For more information, read our Groups Information Megathread post.

Animanga

Official DH's Anime/Manga appreciation Club. All of Japanese culture is welcome as well!

Quick Overview

Category
User Groups
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Emotional/Heartbreaking Anime

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Hi all, this is the first thread of the group, i wanted to share a few shows that made me emotional and made me sob a bit, it doesn't have to be romantic, it could be a shounen show too.

My personal list:

Clannad:
Is one of the most well known anime that everybody knows is sad. I won't say much, but evert character has their own story and you're sure to have a laugh or two.

Be sure to watch the second season and the "Tomoyo's After Story".

Anohana:

A heartbreaking story of a girl that died when she was hanging out with friends, and all of them blame themselves for her death but something happens and she has the opportunity to be heard for the last time.

My favorite...

YOUR LIE IN APRIL​

I've gotta say that i love classical music and this is one of the most emotional shows i've ever seen and remembering it just makes me feel a little sad again lol.

It's about a piano prodigy that lacks the ambition after his mother's death. He meets a violinist girl and well, they start their story.

What are yours? i've got a lot more but those are just to kick off the thread :p

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
A lot of anime doesn't make me feel emotional. But I always thought Rahxephon was sad. The main character really goes through a lot and has to kill a lot of his friends. They use god like titans to fight. Pretty amazing anime. Too bad the blu ray version of it is over 400 dollars.

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
A lot of anime doesn't make me feel emotional. But I always thought Rahxephon was sad. The main character really goes through a lot and has to kill a lot of his friends. They use god like titans to fight. Pretty amazing anime. Too bad the blu ray version of it is over 400 dollars.

I always wanted to watch that show, thanks for remembering me, it was during my university days.. how nostalgic lol

the other one is Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan, it has a lot of tough moments and one in particular that always make me cry..

Also, has a great soundtrack too! it's giving me chills just posting this you know

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
This is one that did it for me:
That one really makes me feel so awful, the movie is great but the sour feeling just won't disappear for a while after you watch it..

Definitely makes it to the top 10 of all time!

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Two more for me were Angel Beats & Banana Fish :(