Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Eurovision 2022

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Probably more of a topic for the European (and Australian) users but did anyone watch Eurovision tonight?

I can't believe the UK came second!

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
Nor can I!

I wanted the UK, Ukraine, or Norway to win (the latter because I'm one-quarter Norwegian, and I'd pretty much given up on supporting the UK, after our consistent poor showings :p ). So to see two of those three nations coming #1 and #2 was wonderful!

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Nor can I!

I wanted the UK, Ukraine, or Norway to win (the latter because I'm one-quarter Norwegian, and I'd pretty much given up on supporting the UK, after our consistent poor showings :p ). So to see two of those three nations coming #1 and #2 was wonderful!
Is it bad to consider that we're technically first? Whilst the Ukraine song was decent, I feel like they definitely got quite a few sympathy votes since some people wanted to show support to them (which is alright of course)

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
Is it bad to consider that we're technically first? Whilst the Ukraine song was decent, I feel like they definitely got quite a few sympathy votes since some people wanted to show support to them (which is alright of course)

The Ukraine song was crap tbh. I actually thought the British song was very good. I can't complain though, good to see Europe backing Ukraine.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Overall, the song was okay but there were bits and pieces in the song which was quite nice.

Hopefully, the UK has realised now that we need exciting artists rather than the boring acts we've had previously.

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
It probably says more about Europe forgetting about the Brexit thing more than anything else haha

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Looks like we might get a chance to host it next year. With Ukraine winning but unable to host it due to the war, second place will get the chance to.