Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ever wanted to skip work?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Have you ever wanted to stay home & really didn't feel like going to work? Have you ever called in? Why or why not?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
When I'm overwhelmed with life and there are pressing personal matters I'm lucky to have an employer where I literally just have to send a text and let them know that I'd like to take a personal day to handle personal matters. I never have to explain because my boss knows me and my work ethic.

I have called in when I simply felt extremely under the weather.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,460
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Have you ever wanted to stay home & really didn't feel like going to work? Have you ever called in? Why or why not?
Yeah, a lot. I used to work at a really busy Home Depot in customer service and people were impatient and rude all day. That combined with my Asperger's, paranoia, clinical depression, and other crap made it extremely stressful. I eventually just walked off the job one day with no notice and moved two states over. Best thing I ever did.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
The only times I've called in were when I was too sick to work. Otherwise, I really enjoy my job and look forward to going to work.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,460
Winbux
$0.00
The only times I've called in were when I was too sick to work. Otherwise, I really enjoy my job and look forward to going to work.
I hated all my jobs. I did have a few moments of fun working as a PC tech but the supervisor was a jerk, and the other employees had their little group and I never fit in. I was let go after a month after some BS.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
When I was a substitute for the school system I wanted to skip work every single day. LOL I was only working to help pay for my daughter's college though.

When I worked at the company my husband works for, there were days I didn't want to go in but had to because he made me. I had to be the best worker they ever had to make him look good because whatever I did was a reflection on him, according to him. They loved me so all was well.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I've probably felt like ringing in almost daily whilst working in jobs that I haven't enjoyed. Though realistically I've only done so when I simply can't face it.

Thankfully I'm now back doing a job that I enjoy.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
What did you teach and what grade/grades?

I subbed mostly for high school students as it was the easiest. Well, kind of. What I mean is that I could give them an assignment and expect them to do it and not have to go around holding their hand throughout the entire thing. Plus, some days we would sit and watch movies so that was cool.

I subbed for a lot of different classes such as Art, Special Education, Family and Consumer Science, English, science classes, French, Spanish, Gym (hated that) and some of the computer classes. Since I'm an artist my favorite was always art.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,460
Winbux
$0.00
When I was a substitute for the school system I wanted to skip work every single day. LOL I was only working to help pay for my daughter's college though.

When I worked at the company my husband works for, there were days I didn't want to go in but had to because he made me. I had to be the best worker they ever had to make him look good because whatever I did was a reflection on him, according to him. They loved me so all was well.
LOL

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I am a portrait artist mainly doing pet portraiture but once covid started I haven't felt motivated to draw anymore. I did pencil, charcoal and pastel portraits mostly.
Oh wow, I bet your work is awesome. I truly hope you get your motivation back as I envy people who have this talent.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
In no way do I hate my job. I like what I do and the co-workers that I have are all amazing.

But I want to always skip work, I just can't be bothered for a 9-5. I should have been born into a very rich family.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,460
Winbux
$0.00
In no way do I hate my job. I like what I do and the co-workers that I have are all amazing.

But I want to always skip work, I just can't be bothered for a 9-5. I should have been born into a very rich family.
What's your job? There was always that ONE coworker who is a dick. At least at my job(s) anyway.

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
I'm still a student without a proper job, but I do skip school every so often when I'm feeling particularly tired or down. ^^