Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Facebook / Whatsapp / Instagram outage?

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
Are you guys experiencing the major social media outage at the moment? All three majors social media sites are all out. Facebook is yet to comment on the outage.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I have been following all of the people freaking out online, and am dying of laughter.

Social Media has taken over our lives. Such a wonderful thing :p

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I have been following all of the people freaking out online, and am dying of laughter.

Me too!

It's amazing how a social networking website not working for a few hours is front page news all over the world on all of the biggest national news sources.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I think it's good to take a break from social media once in a while. Now, if you use social media to help promote your business then I can see it being a bad thing. But don't get bent out of shape because you can't get on Facebook for a couple of hours. Some people need a new hobby.

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
Well I just use Whatsapp to communicate with my SO. So yeah that was a bummer, we had to find other means of communication.

Masterminor

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hubux
$1,124
Winbux
$1.00
Facebook is my main way of communicating with my extended family. Due to the outage I was one of the last people to be made aware of my great grandmother being in the hospital for various deficiencies of vitamins levels in her blood.

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
Facebook is my main way of communicating with my extended family. Due to the outage I was one of the last people to be made aware of my great grandmother being in the hospital for various deficiencies of vitamins levels in her blood.
This is what worries me, we rely so much on these applications to communicate and when suddenly when the applications go down that is when we face troubles.

Have you ever gone back to the good old SMS methods?

Masterminor

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hubux
$1,124
Winbux
$1.00
This is what worries me, we rely so much on these applications to communicate and when suddenly when the applications go down that is when we face troubles.

Have you ever gone back to the good old SMS methods?
SMS is an application itself, it goes down sometimes just like facebook did. You can use that logic of "have you thought about trying (older way of doing something) with basically anything. There is no perfect form of communication or else the divorce rate wouldn't be so high as it is. Everything has a drawback or flaws. You don't have to make light of someone for preferring one form of communication just because it's not perfect or you don't like it.

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
SMS is an application itself, it goes down sometimes just like facebook did. You can use that logic of "have you thought about trying (older way of doing something) with basically anything. There is no perfect form of communication or else the divorce rate wouldn't be so high as it is. Everything has a drawback or flaws. You don't have to make light of someone for preferring one form of communication just because it's not perfect or you don't like it.
I do agree that SMS is yet another app, but it's something that relies on a telecom provider, so even if some server is down somewhere it would still function because it uses telecom towers.

True the best way of communication is face to face, technology just helps us communicate better I guess.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Facebook is back online now and Zuckerberg issued an official apology.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg issued an apology after Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp went dark for six hours during a massive, global outage.

"Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger are coming back online now. Sorry for the disruption today -- I know how much you rely on our services to stay connected with the people you care about," Zuckerberg posted to his Facebook account Monday.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Don't use FB much and not registered with Instagram so wasn't a huge problem for me. Luckily for me, Twitter and Reddit was still up so didn't really miss much.

armintd

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I read somwhere "Build a trust like Facebook,Instagram and Whatsapp built to their users.Even wifi and mobile network are fine but people still checking their networks and restarting their phones"
Brainf**k

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
It's kind of amazing that they don't have any degree of separation between the critical systems of the three separate apps, shouldn't it be that something wrong or some change can take down only one of them at a time?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It's kind of amazing that they don't have any degree of separation between the critical systems of the three separate apps, shouldn't it be that something wrong or some change can take down only one of them at a time?
Had the same thoughts. But I guess it must have been something that is vital to the three services so it's hard not to have them use the same thing.

It seems FB and Insta went down again recently. 2nd time in just a week or two. Not a great look for the dev team over there.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I hadn't noticed that FB was down until someone messaged me about it. My app had cached so I didn't realize either when I went to the app...until I tried clicking on something.

Now is the time to move away from Facebook if it's become such panic for business owners who rely on it. I really only use it to keep in touch with family because there isn't much to do except watch funny cat videos ;)

aaronjosephhall

A new face
Reaction score
Website
jesuslovingforum.com
Hubux
$1,794
Winbux
$0.00
Are you guys experiencing the major social media outage at the moment? All three majors social media sites are all out. Facebook is yet to comment on the outage.
Late to this but I will say it was kinda nice when they were all down lol