Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Favourite Forum Software

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
XenForo

I like that it has a modern look whilst retaining a lot of the best features of old school forums. I liked old forum software but they were a lot slower. I also like that it has features like easy GIF to put in your posts. A lot easier to share Media and stuff as well.

I do like the reactions too, gives me a dopamine boost
You and me both! I love retro forums soo much!

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I'm a XenForo man myself, with MyBB as my preferred free software. I'm also quite fond of Discourse on the free front, but I've never set it up myself.
I agree with you there, Xenforo is a great software but MyBB is the king when it comes to free!

D

Deleted member 268

You and me both! I love retro forums soo much!
some forums I used to frequent/lurk started to change their design to a more modern look, and you could just feel the activity dwindling down so fast. I think a lot of us using forums don't like change or a move to a more bland modern design. I think XenForo has the nicest balance.

I like that this forum has userbars, signatures and stuff like the old days.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
some forums I used to frequent/lurk started to change their design to a more modern look, and you could just feel the activity dwindling down so fast. I think a lot of us using forums don't like change or a move to a more bland modern design. I think XenForo has the nicest balance.

I like that this forum has userbars, signatures and stuff like the old days.
Yeah. I do miss the old look on softwares like proboards in the 2000's n stuff like that.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Out of the free options my go-to is SMF, if you know very basic stuff about PHP like while & for loops it's not that difficult to make addons for it.

For paid solutions, Xenforo. It's pretty easy to understand even without knowing PHP, though figuring out how to write addons yourself will save you bucketloads of moolah

Simon

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
webmastersmeet.com
Hubux
$1,925
Winbux
$0.00
I really like IPB because there are many features and some pretty nice themes but I use Mybb because its open-source and easy to costumize it.
I love IPB! :love: And I love it both as a forum administrator and as an end-user. It has one of the best ACP available and the forum itself feels both modern and fresh while still maintaining that traditional forum style.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I love IPB! :love: And I love it both as a forum administrator and as an end-user. It has one of the best ACP available and the forum itself feels both modern and fresh while still maintaining that traditional forum style.
Agree, I run IPB myself :) well, I use that forum software so. Not cheap but long lasting