Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Favourite joypad/controller designs?

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
There's been many different designs over the past few decades, some good, and some.. err.. well.. ?

1631646436466.png

Which designs have been your favourite, whether it's down to comfort or functionality?

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Probably Xbox One honestly. Always loved the PS controllers but once I got a 360 controller for my PC I just realized how much better it fit my hand - the wireless One is a massive improvement over the wireless 360 because there's no massive battery pack on the back of it squashing your fingers.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Xbox have always had such comfortable controllers. More so than the PlayStation. I never really liked their feel.

Historically it's been the reverse for me where I found the Xbox controllers too clunky and the Playstation ones fit my hand better. I believe this is because my hands are small! The latest Xbox generations' controllers are designed much better in my opinion. We actually no longer own a Playstation and only have the Xbox One.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I don't really have enough experience with Xbox controllers beyond the X360, but found that controller to be much more comfortable than the PS3..

The PS4 and PS5 controllers I've found pretty comfortable though to be honest, thankfully a vast improvement! ?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Having used both the Series X and the PS5 one, I like the PS5 one a lot and that's just based on the appearance and the size of it. The Series X controller just feels a bit weird and cheap for some reason. Not a fan of the horizontal stick layout either but that may be because I'm used to the DualShock and DualSense.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
session9.net
Hubux
$1,501
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
For me, it's definitely the Xbox 360 controller for Windows. Need another one as I can't find my off-brand one since we moved. lol