Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Favourite Music Genres?

tdbnz

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,646
Winbux
$0.20
I like children genre,

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Don't really have a favorite. I like all music genres with the exceptions being Rap and Country Music.

Dfarmer2001

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Website
postingbay.com
Hubux
$1,332
Winbux
$0.00
Pull The Pin and Chuck It
My favorite type of music genre would have to be Contemporary Christian. I love listening to Christian music, it's so motivational and just full of compassion. It relaxes me and helps me to have a better day.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Dance music - house, techno, trance & breakbeat and most of their subgenres are all incredible when done right. I used to be more into deep & progressive house but nowadays I'm listening to industrial techno & drum and bass tunes more often.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Dance music - house, techno, trance & breakbeat and most of their subgenres are all incredible when done right. I used to be more into deep & progressive house but nowadays I'm listening to industrial techno & drum and bass tunes more often.
What's the difference between dubstep and house music?

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
I personally prefer Soft Rock of the 1980’s. Bands like Chicago, REO Speedwagon, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard. The music in the 80’s consisted of big hair bands as well as electronic dance music. I know many artists also utilized synthesizers. The songs I liked consisted of finding & having love, beating the odds in life. I’m not too keen on the newer music. Maybe I’m biased lol & because I grew up with a certain type so anything less is ‘not good enough’. I do like some New Age gentle music & of course my nature sounds. It IS music too lol

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
What's the difference between dubstep and house music?
Honestly outside of the fact they both fall into the "EDM" bracket & they're both (usually) 4x4 time signature they're very different from each other.

Dubstep is a combination of Dub-style bassline "wobbles" and 2-step/UK garage drum patterns. This would be one of the earliest examples I can find, you can tell straight away what I mean by the wobbles, but also note how the drum pattern isn't just kick-snare-kick-snare.
In later years artists like Skrillex would pick up on a new eclectic style of Dubstep that was emerging and popularize that, this is the sound we'd all be familiar with when someone says "Dubstep".

House on the other hand is (usually) a different beast entirely - its "four-to-the-floor" which means there's a kick on every beat of the bar, it often follows the "kick-snare-kick-snare" pattern and would sonically be described as "boots-n-cats-n-boots-n-cats".
In the old days House was all about these big soulful vocals, but when Garage House started getting popular then we started getting some bouncier basslines. Nowadays pitch-shifted & chopped vocals are really popular, and depending on what style you're listening to the beat might be kinda heavy with a thick mid-high frequency "fidget-y" lead (electro house), have big booming basslines and "crispy"/compressed drums (tech house), or the drum pattern might use the UK Garage style that the song I linked earlier uses - Disclosure did that a lot on their first album.

Here is a cracker of a House tune I found recently, the vocal sample here is much truer to the genres Disco roots than what we usually see today.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Honestly outside of the fact they both fall into the "EDM" bracket & they're both (usually) 4x4 time signature they're very different from each other.

Dubstep is a combination of Dub-style bassline "wobbles" and 2-step/UK garage drum patterns. This would be one of the earliest examples I can find, you can tell straight away what I mean by the wobbles, but also note how the drum pattern isn't just kick-snare-kick-snare.
In later years artists like Skrillex would pick up on a new eclectic style of Dubstep that was emerging and popularize that, this is the sound we'd all be familiar with when someone says "Dubstep".

House on the other hand is (usually) a different beast entirely - its "four-to-the-floor" which means there's a kick on every beat of the bar, it often follows the "kick-snare-kick-snare" pattern and would sonically be described as "boots-n-cats-n-boots-n-cats".
In the old days House was all about these big soulful vocals, but when Garage House started getting popular then we started getting some bouncier basslines. Nowadays pitch-shifted & chopped vocals are really popular, and depending on what style you're listening to the beat might be kinda heavy with a thick mid-high frequency "fidget-y" lead (electro house), have big booming basslines and "crispy"/compressed drums (tech house), or the drum pattern might use the UK Garage style that the song I linked earlier uses - Disclosure did that a lot on their first album.

Here is a cracker of a House tune I found recently, the vocal sample here is much truer to the genres Disco roots than what we usually see today.
Thank you so much for your very detailed and informative reply. Loved the vocal sample and thanks for the link.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
Being a huge music lover, I enjoy listening to all kinds of music from country music to pop music, K-pop and even some rock too.

I can listen to almost anything but there are two genres I can not stand and will not listen to and they are heavy rock and heavy metal. I find them to be more noise and shouting than actual music.