Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Feels more like a job than like a game

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What video game feels more like a job than like a game?

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I’m not sure, probably farming simulator for me.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
World of Warcraft, there is nothing worse than waiting hours, for a raid to assemble, beating those challenges, and not even get rewarded with gear, it's like your boss forcing you to work the weekend with no overtime pay or no promotion opportunities.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
World of Warcraft, there is nothing worse than waiting hours, for a raid to assemble, beating those challenges, and not even get rewarded with gear, it's like your boss forcing you to work the weekend with no overtime pay or no promotion opportunities.

That's how I feel about Guild Wars 2. Once I hit max level and got all of the gold I wanted. I just started doing the achievements. Looking back now. It all felt like one big massive grind fest and some of it wasn't at all rewarding.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun

"Building... Insufficient funds!"
"Training... Insufficient funds!"
"Inferior tactics detected."

You sound just like my ex-wife!! ??

D

Deleted member 268

Destiny

Yeah, let me repeat the same missions over and over again for better loot

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
This was exactly the problem with Tribal Wars.

It's a massively-multiplayer strategy game where you build a village, raid neighbouring villages for resources, and eventually take over other villages in other parts of the map. The problem is, it boiled down to who could do the most raiding... so, you had to be playing it constantly (and send out raiding parties constantly), otherwise you'd just fall behind.

I'm so glad I quit early on...

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Games that I play, I should be used to what I do ;) in fact, they are the only games that I do play that at times takes forever to build and get to the point of where I am.

Flight sims, 80% of the time, that's what I do each week all year. Flying aircraft with everything that takes time and realism. 45mins to get the bird to take off time I do the FMC/MCMU

Truck sim hype, driving in a straight line is hard and boring if it's not a country road. Both ETS and ATS :)

Vilhelm, It's new and spend 200 hours in the game and love the building side of it, taken almost 200 hours just to get what I have built so far and takes time to get stone and wood and iron to copper.

There are more games that I do, that is like that.