Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

FIFA 22

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Is anyone here getting FIFA 22 as well? If so, which edition will you be getting?

Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition so looking forward to playing it on Monday. Also got EA Access so that I can play the trial early to get a bit of a head start on Ultimate Team.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
@Ash What do you think about the game? I don't usually play FIFA but I always like watching others play. With the quality of the graphics nowadays it almost feels like watching the real game on TV.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Can you dribble past ai defenders is all I want to know, or is it like the last 2 FIFA's where they read your inputs?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
@Ash What do you think about the game? I don't usually play FIFA but I always like watching others play. With the quality of the graphics nowadays it almost feels like watching the real game on TV.
I'm liking it. There are a few things that could be done better (mainly content-wise actually) but overall, it's actually quite a fun FIFA. I just play the Ultimate Team mode though so haven't tried the other modes yet.
Can you dribble past ai defenders is all I want to know, or is it like the last 2 FIFA's where they read your inputs?
Ultimate Team Squad Battles on a high difficulty level? Not really. It probably feels a lot better in the career mode though.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Not sure if FIFA 22 is worth buying. I'm just going to wait and make up my mind after Christmas.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Not sure if FIFA 22 is worth buying. I'm just going to wait and make up my mind after Christmas.
Perfect time to buy it I guess. It's usually priced decently for the holidays and you're not left behind if you do jump into the Ultimate Team mode.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Perfect time to buy it I guess.
What are your thoughts about this review:

"Do not buy this game! .The gameplay is different for the better, but there is one thing that still remains is this game and that is scripting, you win a couple games and eventually you will go into a game where everything goes against you, your opponent wont even have to play defense and the CPU does it for him, yet you have to play perfectly to get the ball back, and most of the time you will have to tackle your opponent 6 times before you get the ball back, cause he will get 5 bounces in a row going straight to his feet until he scores, ive played a lot of games like this, example, I'm up 2:1 in 90th minute, I have 15 shots to my opponents 2, my opponent is running with the ball, i tackle him, he gets the ball back, tackle again, straight to him again, i intercept but it bounces back to him, he shoots i manually block but still right back to him and then he takes a shot with Camavinga (65 shot) from 30 yards out, now you would think the goalie saves it since they are broken this FIFA, but no, the shot went in the middle of the goal through my goalkeeper, now you tell me if that's scripting or not. I have uninstalled this game after I played a champs match where i had 20 shots to my opponents 4, my players missed open goals, 4 yard headers, his goalie had 15 saves,

7 of those one on one, meanwhile my opponent got a penalty in the 90 th minute after he ran into an AI who I wasn't even controlling, the ai didn't even tackle him either, he just ran into him, and of course he scores for a 3:2 win, after the game I realized its better just to uninstall this than to keep sweating and getting mad over a stupid rigged video game, its just so laughable how scripted it is, and yes in every game there is a handicap to help out the worse player . More reasons why not to buy the game is that they change players stats in game. I have had Pele (94 pace) being outpaced by Coates and Maguire (64 pace and 50 Pace), i have had player like Jordi Alba absolutely body Haaland and slam him to the ground. This game likes to help out the worse players cause they want to make an "Even playing field", but the real reason is because they just want to help out newer player or players who are bad at the game so they keep buying the game, everything in this game is to rip people off. Even the packs are a ripoff and completely rigged. Every year at the beginning of the year everyone's pack luck is surprisingly good and you got good players, but the more time goes buy the less your pack luck is. They give you good players at the beginning so you get hooked on packs so you keep spending money on FIFA points thinking you're pack luck is good, its actually not, its just an EA tactic to scam you (as if 60 $ for the same game every year with a new cover star isnt enough of a scam). If people who dont believe me that scripting exists, I have won 5 games in a row multiple times, the 6th game my players feel so slow and stiff and my opponents players feel boosted, slow players are fast asf and my fast players feel slow as hell, then i literally just quit 5 games in a row right when the game started to test something out, and for the next 3 games everything went my way, I shouldn't have to play defense, the CPU did it for me, my goalie made insane saves, my opponent dominated the game, had 20 shots to my 4 and I still won 3:2 and i know the game was scripted in my favour but I hate that, I don't want to play a game where these EA idiots decide who wins before the game even starts. Bottom line, this is the last year I'm buying this game, I'm tired of raging for no reason over a scripted and rigged video game."

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I agree with some parts of it. But honestly, having lots of shots and still losing shouldn't be that much of a complaint since it pretty much happens in real life a lot as well.

I don't agree with the pace problem either. If you have a slow centre back, you will not be that great because anyone with a decent bit of pace will outrun them easily.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I don’t think I’ll buy this one to be honest. It didn’t feel… good enough when I tried it out and I’m not reading anything online to change my mind.
I'm with you on this one. I'll take a pass.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Probably the best. Content-wise, the game has been awful so far. Not sure what EA Sports is up to because the previous games have been a lot better content-wise for Ultimate Team.

Lee

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,040
Winbux
$0.00
Probably the best. Content-wise, the game has been awful so far. Not sure what EA Sports is up to because the previous games have been a lot better content-wise for Ultimate Team.
I tried the game out at a friend and really was not impressed. Hard no from me.

vans

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$808
Winbux
$0.00
I'm still stucked in FIFA 21 (on computer though, I do not have consoles).
I usually wait for a bundle price for the new FIFA in Origin, after few months they usually do a promotion of 70-75% and then I purchase the game. So basically I'm always playing one year behind haha.

This is because I'm not really active on the game, and I have the feeling that the games are pretty similar to each other, so I don't really value paying €60 for the newest version :p

Deepakbhai

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$661
Winbux
$0.00
On a new Fifa, Most reviews say, Pace has been nerfed or it's not everything again but after a few hours of playing the game, players always find how to exploit pace. This year will not be different.

Ikenna

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,909
Winbux
$0.00
Is anyone here getting FIFA 22 as well? If so, which edition will you be getting?

Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition so looking forward to playing it on Monday. Also got EA Access so that I can play the trial early to get a bit of a head start on Ultimate Team.
How did you enjoy the game? I never got to buy FIFA 22. The last FIFA game I purchased was FIFA 20. EA have just released FIFA 23, are you going to buy it too?