Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Former Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Assassinated

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has been rushed to hospital following a possible shooting during a speech in Nara, Japan, public broadcaster NHK reports.

The broadcaster reported Abe collapsed while giving a campaign speech on a street in Nara City at around 11:30 a.m. local time and appeared to be bleeding after a possible gunshot from the back.

According to a Liberal Democratic Party official, Abe was shot in the chest before being rushed to hospital in an ambulance, NHK reported. The former prime minister was then moved to Nara Medical University.

A suspect has been arrested and charged with attempted murder and a gun was retrieved, the broadcaster reported. Abe would be pronounced dead later on from the gun wounds.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has been rushed to hospital following a possible shooting during a speech in Nara, Japan, public broadcaster NHK reports.

The broadcaster reported Abe collapsed while giving a campaign speech on a street in Nara City at around 11:30 a.m. local time and appeared to be bleeding after a possible gunshot from the back.

According to a Liberal Democratic Party official, Abe was shot in the chest before being rushed to hospital in an ambulance, NHK reported. The former prime minister was then moved to Nara Medical University.

A suspect has been arrested and charged with attempted murder and a gun was retrieved, the broadcaster reported. Abe would be pronounced dead later on from the gun wounds.
I met him while he was visiting my country in 2018, he always seemed to be a good man.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
You can tell the Japanese aren't as familiar with firearms as Americans, Americans would have started a stampede after the first shot, Instead they waited till the second shot and then patiently approach to see what happened. RIP Abe.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
An iconic figure on the global stage. I'm not too sure about any of his political stances in Japan but we really did see him a lot whenever global leaders got together.

RIP Shinzo Abe

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
You can tell the Japanese aren't as familiar with firearms as Americans, Americans would have started a stampede after the first shot, Instead they waited till the second shot and then patiently approach to see what happened.
Because guns are illegal in Japan.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
You can tell the Japanese aren't as familiar with firearms as Americans, Americans would have started a stampede after the first shot, Instead they waited till the second shot and then patiently approach to see what happened. RIP Abe.

I hope his security detail all get fired, which from what I hear was the local police. I'm not going to watch the video to see how close the person was, but sounds like anything could have worked, including a knife.

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
I hope his security detail all get fired, which from what I hear was the local police. I'm not going to watch the video to see how close the person was, but sounds like anything could have worked, including a knife.
They actually have a different culture regarding "security" for public people, this is a very rare event.. they usually bomb or commit arson before directly kill someone with a gun.

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
Not entirely true::
Hunters and target shooters may possess shotguns and air guns under strictly circumscribed conditions. Plus you've got this nut job who went ahead and made his own gun.
He meant that ordinary civils can't buy a gun i think..

Anyway, his home-made gun design is pretty cool, just out of curiosity should be interesting to make one, not to be used with real bullets though!

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
They actually have a different culture regarding "security" for public people, this is a very rare event.. they usually bomb or commit arson before directly kill someone with a gun.

You would still think a former country leader get better protection, especially with war happening on their horizon.

Annies

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,006
Winbux
$0.00
Well now we need to know what pushed this guy into doing something like this. This world is full to the top with anger. Scary

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
You would still think a former country leader get better protection, especially with war happening on their horizon.
Just looked into it and our former prime ministers get security. Just makes sense I guess considering how important they are, even if they have left the position

"Previous prime ministers continue to receive security, so it's likely it will be the same with Boris Johnson."

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich