Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

ForumPromotion.net

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Forum Promotion is a webmaster/promotion forum that is a sort of safe haven for website, blog and forum owners. Do you guys find sites like this useful?

We can also use this thread to discuss the long period of downtime that the site is experiencing at the moment :(

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Well, if anyone knows about FP then you will all know who I am :p The guy with the top posts :p

However, for the last week, I can't get into the site ;( It's been down for days with it being DDOS and now the firewall is blocking counties and the UK seems to be one of them :(

@Ash So you can't get into the site then?.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Well, if anyone knows about FP then you will all know who I am :p The guy with the top posts :p

However, for the last week, I can't get into the site ;( It's been down for days with it being DDOS and now the firewall is blocking counties and the UK seems to be one of them :(

@Ash So you can't get into the site then?.
No, can't get on to the site at all. Mobile data or a VPN doesn't fix it, unfortunately (not that surprised though). The biggest problem is that there is no way for us to actually get in touch with them to sort it out.

@Nous How did you tell them your IP?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
It threw me off a bit as FP has become part of my daily ritual when it comes to web surfing and such. I've grown really fond of the community over the years. I think it's a great resource and there's such a wide range of experience/interests shared amongst the members.

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
No, can't get on to the site at all. Mobile data or a VPN doesn't fix it, unfortunately (not that surprised though). The biggest problem is that there is no way for us to actually get in touch with them to sort it out.

@Nous How did you tell them your IP?
I used Facebook Messenger to get in touch with FP. still unable to access FP. @Jay they helped me out before, but I am blocked out again. :rolleyes:

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It threw me off a bit as FP has become part of my daily ritual when it comes to web surfing and such. I've grown really fond of the community over the years. I think it's a great resource and there's such a wide range of experience/interests shared amongst the members.
Same, it's one of the forums that I always visit in the morning and evenings just to see the different forums and see what's up.
I used Facebook Messenger to get in touch with FP. still unable to access FP. @Jay they helped me out before, but I am blocked out again. :rolleyes:
Still an issue for you? It's working again for me now although I have to do a captcha challenge when I want to visit the forum.
Damn, who did they really make mad to get such a harsh digital attack?

Well, I just started using them again, figures they go down :p
I know right, this definitely can't just be a random attack. Feels like a targetted one.
Other than Discord :) Join there FP discord and then see that they are not active :(
I was struggling to find an active link to join it lol

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
For the first time in ages I could briefly access FP on Tuesday using my phone, but it seems that either the site is being attacked again or I've been IP blocked. I've just sent a PM to Ozzy to try and find out what's going on..

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
@Ash either they got bad luck and their hosting is under attack for some reason, or it is a planned attack on FP, which isn't cheap to pull off.
I thought they were still with USHost247 but I think they may have moved a little while ago. Hopefully they can find out what happened, if that's even possible.
For the first time in ages I could briefly access FP on Tuesday using my phone, but it seems that either the site is being attacked again or I've been IP blocked. I've just sent a PM to Ozzy to try and find out what's going on..
Might be an IP block. The site has been up for about 2-3 days now, you should get the Cloudflare screen asking you to complete a captcha.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Yep :(
I’m getting a SSL Hndshake error :/

it’s been a struggle to get my site where it is now and FP is the only site that works so it’s sad to see them be attacked like this.

Work on building your forum's content and site maps in the meantime to build up on the SEO.

As for FP, I'm getting a straight up denied message.