Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Free Speech

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Do you believe “free speech is under attack”?

Why or why not?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Yes. I believe freedom of speech has been under attack for a long time. The internet is a great example because of Facebook and Twitter. They'll deactivate your account and accuse you of spreading misinformation over an opinion you made.

Also, people violate other's First Amendment rights all of the time. There's just certain things you can't talk about in public or at Churches because people get offended. So Freedom of Speech isn't 100% bullet proof. People think it's okay to shut someone up who annoys them but doesn't think it's so funny when they're censored themselves.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Yes. I believe freedom of speech has been under attack for a long time. The internet is a great example because of Facebook and Twitter. They'll deactivate your account and accuse you of spreading misinformation over an opinion you made.

Also, people violate other's First Amendment rights all of the time. There's just certain things you can't talk about in public or at Churches because people get offended. So Freedom of Speech isn't 100% bullet proof. People think it's okay to shut someone up who annoys them but doesn't think it's so funny when they're censored themselves.

I've been posting a lot of political stuff over twitter and didn't receive any notification at all about anything, but i do see a lot of friends of mine that went over that situation in the past, maybe if i continue doing so i will have my account closed.