Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Frustrated with a forum?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Have you ever gotten frustrated with a forum and it's community and left? Why?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Yes, I didn't feel I was treated fairly as a member, was accused of violating the rules and had my permission settings restricted on personal messages and such. There was another community that I left because they blindly believed in the 'words' of a Marxist organization and any chance to discuss the situation resulted in quick threats to shut down communication in all forms.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I don't usually feel this way, i just leave without doing much if i feel something's wrong with the forum, unless there's something major like some serious argue with a member or staff.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
MAny times when something that you trying to do and fix is not working as you thought or wanted it to do. Also sick of how the third-party apps don't keep updated with there mods and need fixing and patching.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I was doing a post exchange with someone and their co-admin who was his wife got uppity from a comment I made and berated me (which said comment included the word assume, and she called me an ass for using that word).

I quickly left and surpise surpise the forum was gone in a few months.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I was doing a post exchange with someone and their co-admin who was his wife got uppity from a comment I made and berated me (which said comment included the word assume, and she called me an ass for using that word).

I quickly left and surpise surpise the forum was gone in a few months.
I think I know who this is based on. They are members on FP right and I'm guessing it was a gaming forum?

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
I've left several of them. I get frustrated when staff doesn't moderate the posts. I've even seen staff publicly berate another member. Another reason I leave is if there's no new content, admin isn't around, & the members don't bother either.
Second that here, I felt at market place forum that staffs were not doing their job as they should to handle higher level issues and general community surrounding it. Despite a small army of people claiming to support me. :(

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I've had some forums I've left for various reasons. Usually it's because there's someone on that forum, either another member or a member of the staff, that's acting like a total brat.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I've never rage quit anything. I'll either go back when I've calmed down or decide to just up and leave.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I've left one or two communities in the past, largely due to them being even more clique-y than forums tend to be, and they'd just kinda look down on newcomers etc.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
There are some communities you can just take a break from and come back to later. Like I've mentioned before, there have been communities I've left and never came back to. There are some that have closed up shop because they couldn't keep staff on their forum.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
There are some that have closed up shop because they couldn't keep staff on their forum.
My guesses being that no forms of compensations are in order. What I seen often than not is forum staffs being expected to work for free without any due compensations.

Not saying they should be paid hourly, per report, etc but I do think some form of weekly/monthly compensations are in order in lieu of how active the forum actually is. As examples for per general moderation person per month...
Very Small forums (like this): Minimal $5 to $10
Small forums: $10 and up
Medium: $25 and up
Large: $60 and beyond

That way small forums are merely conpenating for the time and efforts while the larger ones scales according to actual work loads as well.

I plan on doing this even for my gaming admins/mods once I do actually brings in donations to keep them engaged as well.

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
It's not often I rage quit any type of community. As @Laifot said if I don't like it I just don't come back. There are a lot of good communities out there but there are a few every so often where people just don't get along.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
It's not often I rage quit any type of community. As @Laifot said if I don't like it I just don't come back. There are a lot of good communities out there but there are a few every so often where people just don't get along.
I don't make "fit show" about it either. If efforts fails then I just delete/leave and moves on.

No point "putting on a show" if they didn't listen to you in the first place. It would just falls on deaf ears as they says. :)

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
What tends to make me get frustrated is plugins not being updated and or supported. Just not long ago I had a site upgrade and I had to disable three Plugins and had to work around others to get them to work. There are issues but I find a workaround to keep it going and working, just takes time to do it. Merging accounts get pooped if I do not disable the awards app.

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
I have never got frustrated with a community and left. I guess I have gotten lucky with that.
If anything I have had bad luck with communities that I like and start posting regularly and then they close.