Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Game Development

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I want to discuss the game development from the context of the graphics and the design of levels. I kind of falling in love with the Limbo game. And that game has made it pretty much strong impression on me. I loved the game. I loved how the camera chases the player and the background parallax and the things that are going on. It is kind of interesting graphics done in that game.

Have you tried making game or game app for mobile and tried different design assets?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'm not great with graphics so it's not something I ever want to spend too much time on really. We actually had an assignment at uni where we had to develop our own game. I just found some free to use graphics online for the game because there was no way I was going to bother designing my own.

Cumulus

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$591
Winbux
$0.00
I started making some games in Unity a couple of years back but I'm all to much of a game-programmer. Found the actual 'making stuff work' side of the game design process quite lengthy and I ended up giving up.

I'm not great with graphics so it's not something I ever want to spend too much time on really. We actually had an assignment at uni where we had to develop our own game. I just found some free to use graphics online for the game because there was no way I was going to bother designing my own.
Ash, I'm the total opposite! The graphics and creative elements are my favourite part of game design ?

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Eh me and a friend messed around with RPG maker back when we were like 13. I tried making some good looking sprites to replace the default ones but honestly they just looked like complete ass, as you'd expect.

I do really value good visual design in games though too. Not necessarily hyper-realism, but a good artstyle can be the sole reason I fall in love with a game

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I had one of the staff member on my site who was part of the elopement of a third-party plugin, now he's the owner and runs FivePD He just left me to do his own thing LOL

Xyphien

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$781
Winbux
$0.00
My company makes board games & video games however I've never made any of the graphics. I tend to either buy assets or custom art for the game I'm developing. But I feel that the graphics of a game are essential to helping to tell the story.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I think godot engine if you check can work on the small computers and you don't need much of the RAM for the same either. You would play pretty good with the small amount of RAM.

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
I read a programming book about it in the 2000s. However, I never got around to applying it. I guess I had many other things going on - but more importantly, it was just too difficult at the time. I needed more programming experience.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I've never tried designing a game or even attempted developing one, might have to look into it. Although it would be an extremely small game.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
My company makes board games & video games however I've never made any of the graphics. I tend to either buy assets or custom art for the game I'm developing. But I feel that the graphics of a game are essential to helping to tell the story.
That's really cool! How many board games have you guys made so far?