Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Game Stop

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Anyone ever go to Game Stop to buy new or used games and consoles? Why or why not?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I used to do this back in my console gaming days (n64, SNES and Gamecube) to trade and to buy games, it was the only way to get to play.. i was just a middle schooler, couldn't work to pay for games..

And at some point i didn't like to get rid of games like Zelda's a link to the past.. but whatever lol.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Used to, now I just sell my used games on ebay for money and after their down sizing of their GI magazine I no longer get that. At this point, I go to a local game shop for my stuff (which is still rare) instead of going to them.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I avoid Game Stop. I don't like buying used and broken games. I download all of my games on the PlayStation Network for 2 reasons. So I can't sell or trade them in and because your digital games and your PSN account, can be transferred over to any and all PS4 systems that you buy.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Anyone ever go to Game Stop to buy new or used games and consoles? Why or why not?
Used to be a regular thing I would do when a new console would come out. I would take my 40-50 games I had for the previous console and trade them in to get money toward the new console. Then I would ask for the games on the new console at the next holiday.

Quit going when they stopped all of their promotional events and tournaments and such.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I avoid Game Stop. I don't like buying used and broken games. I download all of my games on the PlayStation Network for 2 reasons. So I can't sell or trade them in and because your digital games and your PSN account, can be transferred over to any and all PS4 systems that you buy.

after the PS2 era, I haven't gotten a bad used game from them. Not sure if luck or better disc making by the console makers.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Isn't it cheap and wonderful? then maybe I will but ever had brought things from them! Nope. It's all downloadable content nowadays and over 10 years since I last got a disc copy of a game.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
after the PS2 era, I haven't gotten a bad used game from them. Not sure if luck or better disc making by the console makers.

The Game Stop where I live is poorly managed and I'm tired of going in there and dealing with "know it all" teenagers who like to make back handed comments when they sold me a broken game (a scratched up blu-ray disc), won't refund my money (this has been the case whether or not I was with or without a receipt), and I end up leaving the store with the game I tried to get refunded.

Which is why most if not all of the games that I got from Game Stop have gone right into the garbage. Game Stop needs to have a sign that says "All of Sale's Are Final" because most of the time they just try to give lame trade credit back and not a refund. I'm like " are you guys not listening to me? I bought this from your store, I have the receipt right here, please refund it." and did they do that? hell no.

Game Stop's crappy customer service and Wal-Mart's lack of PS4 game choices are the reason why I do digital downloads from PSN. PSN has what I want when I want it, and the service has given me excellent customer service, not to mention I don't have to deal with smart mouths and low quality trash. Never had an issue with PSN besides poor internet connection.

TopSilver

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,755
Winbux
$0.00
I go to gamestop when convenient. Usually it's because I'm selling a console I don't want anymore. It's very rare they give much for games anymore. They hardly give much anymore at all for them. But they have good deals and sometimes I just opt for ordering on there website.

JoyFreak

Gaming
Reaction score
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Hubux
$1,283
Winbux
$0.00
I've never purchased any games or consoles from GameStop but I've heard some mixed reviews. I'd rather visit a retailer and make my decision there and since there isn't a GameStop retailer here in the UK, I can't bring myself to purchase it online.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Used to be a regular thing I would do when a new console would come out. I would take my 40-50 games I had for the previous console and trade them in to get money toward the new console. Then I would ask for the games on the new console at the next holiday.

Quit going when they stopped all of their promotional events and tournaments and such.

This is how I view Gamestop to be real honest. Anytime I bought a new game that was 60 dollars or more and took it over to Game Stop, they tried to buy it off of me from any where to 5 to 12 dollars. They'd always try to get me buy their used garbage when I wanted something new. I felt that was a rip off every time

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Honestly I've never once had any issues buying used and new games from Gamestop. Yeah I know you barely get any money when you trade in games, but other stores do the same thing. I bought a refurbished PS3 and Wii U and I never once had any issues with them either. I've heard many people talking about how terrible they are, and how they had bad experiences with them but I can't say the same thing happened to me.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
This is how I view Gamestop to be real honest. Anytime I bought a new game that was 60 dollars or more and took it over to Game Stop, they tried to buy it off of me from any where to 5 to 12 dollars. They'd always try to get me buy their used garbage when I wanted something new. I felt that was a rip off every time

That video is a classic. So did anyone try to flood a GS store when they madly announce you can order online for a new PS5/xbox console?

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I used to when I was kid but I'm way too bitter to ever use them now. The amount of games I had to sell those scabby fools just to get mere pennies back in the hopes I could afford something new, lol.
I must have bought Bully and Marc Eckos Getting Up back off them 6 or 7 times because I didn't actually want to get rid of them, I just had to sell them if I wanted a chance of playing something new

JoyFreak

Gaming
Reaction score
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Hubux
$1,283
Winbux
$0.00
I used to when I was kid but I'm way too bitter to ever use them now. The amount of games I had to sell those scabby fools just to get mere pennies back in the hopes I could afford something new, lol.
I must have bought Bully and Marc Eckos Getting Up back off them 6 or 7 times because I didn't actually want to get rid of them, I just had to sell them if I wanted a chance of playing something new
After hearing how they treat their staff I kind of lost all hope for that company.