Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Good or bad credit?

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
I have a good credit score, I'm working to make it an excellent one. I'm trying to pay off a bit of my smaller accumulated credit gradually, making sure it's completely paid off before the end of the term. Hoping to have this credit card I've had for a bit paid off this year hopefully.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I pay my bills every month without fail and i have an excellent score, when i get rid of the current loan i'll be having another one (and i'll get my new PC with that) i hope that when that time comes, hardware prizes would be "more" affordable..

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I have a decent score (near to the average in the UK, according to the app anyway). Because of my age, I don't have much of a credit history so my aim is to try and improve it massively over the coming years.

It's the main reason why I got a credit card so that my credit score improves when I use it and pay it off.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I'm not sure what is classed as "excellent", but mine is above average.

I've never missed a payment, and in the past week I've just cleared literally all of my debt.. I don't even have a mortgage anymore, I got bought out of the marital home and I'm now renting.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Just checked and I have an excellent credit score. I don't have any outstanding debt. I pay my bills in full when I get them.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Nothing has changed since my last post. :p

I got the loan but i haven't spent a dime yet, and i wonder when i'll get the chance to update my setup..

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'm not sure what is classed as "excellent", but mine is above average.

I've never missed a payment, and in the past week I've just cleared literally all of my debt.. I don't even have a mortgage anymore, I got bought out of the marital home and I'm now renting.
Interestingly, I came across a few posts recently of people finally paying off their mortgage and their credit scores dropping because of it. It really is a weird system when having debt is better :awkward-monke:

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
Interestingly, I came across a few posts recently of people finally paying off their mortgage and their credit scores dropping because of it. It really is a weird system when having debt is better :awkward-monke:

My credit has gone up since I paid off all of my medical bills which was a total of $ 3,300.00. But they discounted it down, so it was $2,700.00 because I was paying it off in one lump sum. My ex wife lied about ever paying any of my medical bills. AND some of them went back as far as 2010. That's a decade that my medical bills sat unpaid.

Anytime we'd get a tax refund. I'd ask her if she could go and pay on my medical bills. She said she would. They were minor clinic bills. She purposely neglected to pay them.

Sure I was the man in the marriage and most men take charge of paying the bills. But I worked 6 days a week and it was easier if she could call and pay everything with the money we had. Instead she was lying to me and doing what she wanted.

Then she convinced me to get a credit card to rebuild my credit. I fell for it and got one. Only for her to run it up and not pay on it. I paid that off in the summer of 2020 when she was busy ripping me off on my tax refund.

I wonder if she ever gave a shit about me at all. I still feel used by her to this day.