Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

• Welcome to the Groups feature Guest! Official and user groups allow you to take part in discussions and events related to the interests and hobbies of the Discussion Hub Community. For more information, read our Groups Information Megathread post.

Animanga

Official DH's Anime/Manga appreciation Club. All of Japanese culture is welcome as well!

Quick Overview

Category
User Groups
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Good Starter Anime

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
As someone that has never really considered or bothered to learn about anime, what would be a good choice to kick start my Anime journey?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
My top would be:

1. Gundam Wing
2. Full Metal Alchemist
3. Full Metal Panic
4. Death Note
5. Trigun/Hellsing.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
As someone that has never really considered or bothered to learn about anime, what would be a good choice to kick start my Anime journey?

That depends. What genre are you into?

Are you into action, horror, comedy, or mystery?

Which ever you're more into. That'll determine a good starting point for you.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
That depends. What genre are you into?

Are you into action, horror, comedy, or mystery?

Which ever you're more into. That'll determine a good starting point for you.
I think action and mystery might be good points to start with. I think the only "anime" I've ever watched is Spirited Away although that was when I was quite young so I can't even remember what genre that falls under.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I think action and mystery might be good points to start with. I think the only "anime" I've ever watched is Spirited Away although that was when I was quite young so I can't even remember what genre that falls under.

For mystery and action anime. I can recommend:
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Takes place in the far away future. It's about a federal government group called Section Nine in Japan. They deal with terrorists and criminals of the like. Sometimes the main characters investigate why things are going on and also they have shoot outs with gangsters.
  • Guyver: Bioboosted Armor - The anime is violent but not super violent. It's about a teenage boy along with his friend that equips a suit of alien armor. This evil corporation is after it. The evil corporation is called Kronos. They are mostly made up of this race of people called Zoanoids and they can transform into beasts. They want to take over the world. The main character is Sho and he fights them for the next 26 episodes of the series. Pretty generic.
  • Dot. Hack////Sign - Not violent. But it's a fun watch. It takes place inside a video game called "The World" and if you've ever played online MMO's like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars 2. You'll catch on pretty quickly.
  • One Punch Man - It's a comedy about super heroes and there's this guy named Saitama who can kill anything with one punch. He's funny and he wants to be the best superhero in the word. So he goes off and joins this Super Hero Organization that pays hundreds of heroes to protect the world.
  • Attack on Titan - This is a somewhat violent anime. Takes place in a fantasy world. The first 2 seasons make up the war between the humans and titans. The titans like to eat humans and it's a titan apocalypse. So the humans are fighting to survive.
  • Claymore - Pretty violent and entertaining. It takes place in a fantasy world. There's these things called Yoma and they like to terrorize humanity. There's this secret organization that make hunters that track down the Yoma and kill them. The Yoma aren't the only problem. There's also Ascended Beings and Abyssal Ones that prey on humans as well and are capable of destroying whole cities. So the secret organization created 47 different women that have Yoma blood in their veins and they are tasked with exterminating the monsters. Their services don't come free.
  • Hellsing; Ultimate - Very violent. It's about the Hellsing Organization, founded by Van Hellsing. Who captured Dracula and turned him into Alucard. Van Hellsing grew old and died and his daughter Integra Hellsing inherited everything he had. She uses Alucard to hunt down and kill many vampires. It only has 8 episodes. It won't take you very long to watch it.
  • Dragon Ball Z & Dragon Ball Super - It's violent and then it's not violent. It's a martial arts anime about a man that's from Planet Vegeta. His name is Goku and he defends Earth against super villains. His friends occasionally help him when they're not busy dying before he gets there.

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
Sword Art Online and Seven Deadly Sins are pretty "easy" to watch anime too, and also they fall under the action/comedy/drama.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
One punch man and Dragon Ball Z are the ones I have heard of before so I'll have to take a peek at them first. Dot. Hack////Sign sounds pretty cool as well. Thank you both for the suggestions :)

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
Little Witch Academia is a nice show too! i think it's pretty much dubbed in most languages on Netflix too.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Will check that out as well. Had a quick look on Google and I like the look of it :)

You should also try Love Hina. Excellent anime. It's funny. It's about this guy that moves into a building that houses women that his grandma owns, These girls always gang up on him and kick his ass all of the time because he's perverted and he's always peeping on them or saying something stupid LMAO :ROFLMAO:

444c8bbb0f841cdcf8d823200eacce65cf07b2de.gifv

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
You should also try Love Hina. Excellent anime. It's funny. It's about this guy that moves into a building that houses women that his grandma owns, These girls always gang up on him and kick his ass all of the time because he's perverted and he's always peeping on them or saying something stupid LMAO :ROFLMAO:

444c8bbb0f841cdcf8d823200eacce65cf07b2de.gifv
I like that show, but comparing to the modern animation nowadays, it's nearly impossible for a newbie to like this :p imagine watching a show like violet evergarden and then this.. the difference is as huge as the sky!