Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Guilded > Owning a Forum

Xyphien

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$781
Winbux
$0.00
Would anyone think about using Guilded over actually hosting a forum? Guilded is completely free with forum options, as well as calendars, RSVP, subs so you can actually get paid similar to patreon, and a TON of other features such as live chat, etc. It's all completely free and you even get a vanity url that you can build SEO on. With all of that in mind, would you ever consider using Guilded over creating an actual full fledged forum? https://www.guilded.gg?r=rdOrzD34 here's the link if you haven't checked out guilded, I'm not a developer or anything of it, literally asking out of curiosity.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Having used it, it's definitely quite a unique software and has some great features. But I'm not sure I would use it as a forum alternative. I like having control over my site and whilst you can do a lot with Guilded, there just isn't the same amount of freedom as hosting your own site.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Having used it, it's definitely quite a unique software and has some great features. But I'm not sure I would use it as a forum alternative. I like having control over my site and whilst you can do a lot with Guilded, there just isn't the same amount of freedom as hosting your own site.

yeah if the site gets to big and something happens to Guilded, there goes all that data.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Then it's like just start from nothing again, and get people and members to boost power by posting :p

Meanwhile, I do not think we are evening thinking about it :p I stick with Discord for now and I will join the Guilded server to keep check on it's progress.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I've not heard of this. It sounds more like a CMS or a social networking platform.
It would be hard to call it a content management system, to be honest since it seems you can't just create new pages and build a "website". It's a pretty advanced social networking platform basically.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,460
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
Ah, nice. It looks great.

+1 on that. In terms of paid software, XenForo is definitely the best and I absolutely love it.
Could not agree more!
it’s like a modern Facebook platform but still offering the full forum feature.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I really like guilded alot but I prefer a privately owned platform.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
You can't keep track of everything that has been discussed and not very active members will not feel comfy. So it won't work as a forum IMO.

The software is great for gaming though!

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
You can't keep track of everything that has been discussed and not very active members will not feel comfy. So it won't work as a forum IMO.

The software is great for gaming though!
It does seem to have proper forum sections as a normal forum would. Not as extensive as a proper forum software like XF or IPB but the basics are there. It's definitely weird to navigate around and get used to though.