Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Hated software

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Is there a software or script that you absolutely hate? And if so, would you be willing to not register on a site if it uses that software/script?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Phpbb. Its ugly, clunky, the admincp sucked last I looked and last time I ran one, found it was a pain to theme/mod.

Edit: also aceboard, which was around back in 2007. It was software hosted by the aceboard site but man it was ugly.

Last edited:

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
One of the forum software that I disliked with a passion in terms of running the software as an admin was phpBB. I believe they have changed how things are done now as I have not used it in a while due to my experience but back when I was using it, the way mods and themes had to be installed was a pain and I would often run into issues and receive errors.

As a member, I do not mind using phpBB though and have no issue with using it as a member.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$853
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
These days, I’d probably say vBulletin, especially when you come across sites still using vBulletin 3.8 or 4.2. I would imagine you’d run into some trouble with PHP compatibility at some point, so you have to eventually be forced into upgrading.

I would never join (or not join) a site over its software though.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Mostly RussianBBs. I tried to run a community with a few of them and failed miserably.