Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Have you ever been drawn into an argument on social media?

anilmr

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,240
Winbux
$0.00
There was a time when I used to be quite active on social media and used to be invariably get sucked into an arguments on topics concerning national politics and religion. But as you know that one can never win an argument on social media, and the negative and offensive comments that you receive in the bargain are certainly disheartening. Nowadays I am staying clear from any such arguments on social media and only use it to keep in touch with my acquaintances and promote my interest. What about you?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I have not. And I never will get involved in an argument on social media especially with strangers. I don't really see the point of arguing with some random dude from the other side of the world.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
No. I mainly dealt with family drama and bullshit on Facebook. Which is why I don't have one anymore.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
One goes through this every once in a while, i'm not particulary affected by any of this anymore, if i was 16 or so maybe could have an impact in me.

What's really frightening is getting roasted on social media by your ex.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
UGH! Yes, I was drawn into some arguments and unfortunately it was with my husband's family members. They are very easily angered by politics (they never used to be that way!) and their hostility spreads to those who don't agree with them. I'm finding more and more to HIDE their posts when they pop up in my feed on Facebook so I am not even tempted. I'm tired of their hate toward everyone and everything.

I'm much happier when I'm not engaged in all that drama. I am clicking more and more on videos of cats and dogs LOL

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I used to get drawn into arguments on Facebook, but in recent years I've learned that there's no point in even trying to argue with someone who is hellbent on their own views and they refuse to change. It just ruins your day/night.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I used to get drawn into arguments on Facebook, but in recent years I've learned that there's no point in even trying to argue with someone who is hellbent on their own views and they refuse to change. It just ruins your day/night.

You just described my brother.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I've only ever been in one, once. I didn't like it and wouldn't want it to be happen ever again. I don't enjoy my private affairs being shared on social media.

Congress wants to shut down Facebook. I hope that they do. Mark Zuckerberg needs to understand that the government won't leave him alone until he complies with what they want and no lawyer can save him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I have not. And I never will get involved in an argument on social media especially with strangers. I don't really see the point of arguing with some random dude from the other side of the world.
I'm with you. People who do this are hell bent they're right and out to cause drama. I hate drama and will not partake of it.

D

Deleted member 268

i don't use social media, I think it is all awful and people would be better off without it.

i have had several arguments and been downvoted in to oblivion when I used Reddit in the past (only lurk now).

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
i don't use social media, I think it is all awful and people would be better off without it.

i have had several arguments and been downvoted in to oblivion when I used Reddit in the past (only lurk now).
People see a few downvotes and then downvote it even further without reading stuff. I've seen comments that are completely right (for things like basic questions) get downvoted for no reason.

D

Deleted member 268

People see a few downvotes and then downvote it even further without reading stuff. I've seen comments that are completely right (for things like basic questions) get downvoted for no reason.
yep, that is reddit in a nutshell

there was one time I literally made a correct point but got downvoted because everyone said I was wrong. Took a while until someone else defended me, and got a bunch of upvotes for essentially the same point but worded differently.

basically it felt like:

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Simon

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
webmastersmeet.com
Hubux
$1,925
Winbux
$0.00
Oh yes! Isn't that what social media is all about?! ? I also try to steer away from it, but it's hard. In the beginning I thought it was fun to engage in such arguments. But nowadays I've come to realize that there is no point. Arguments and debates on social media is completely pointless. It's all about quick and pointless comebacks and no one is willing to change their opinions - if you arguments are running out you simply just block the other person.