Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Heat

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
Have you ever had a problem with your computer getting too hot? How did you solve it?

I have had computers in the past that had inadequate cooling, leading to overheating. My current PC has several case fans and a powerful CPU cooler, so I don't have any issues with temperature.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
This generation has lots of issues with that, cases are now really important. I have 8 (YES, 8!) fans and i'm still getting 75-80 degrees when the CPU is stressed.

I think that in the future, manufacturers should consider optimizing their cpu cooler stocks since all of them are actually garbage.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
When it used to be a problem I used a cooling gel mat. It's no longer a reoccurring situation for me anymore.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$727
Winbux
$0.00
Have you ever had a problem with your computer getting too hot?
I had an old Gateway laptop that ran really hot. I didn't like that it did.

How did you solve it?

I went and bought a new laptop eventually. I think the developers who make computers need to supply adequate cooling in computers so they don't over heat.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Heat can be a big problem if you can't keep it contained, More heat means less performance. But tech has come a very long way and your system will go off if it gets too hot anyway. Plus AMD CPU and also the RTX 3000 GPUs tend to get hot anyway, it's normal :)

Even Intel can get hot but the max is 85c to 90c before it goes poop Xd

This generation has lots of issues with that, cases are now really important. I have 8 (YES, 8!) fans and i'm still getting 75-80 degrees when the CPU is stressed.

I think that in the future, manufacturers should consider optimizing their cpu cooler stocks since all of them are actually garbage.
eight fans, I only have seven fans (lucky number) and I'm able to keep it around 45c when gaming for hours :) On idle it's like 28c to 30c - What fans do you have in your system then?

Most people do not realise that fans are just not fans, you have different styles and designs of fans :) from flowing think or thin airflow.

On my system, I have an AIO water cooling CPU ;) with 4 fans sucking into and outer with another three case fans. Plus three small fans on my GPU.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I have 4 front fans by noctua. 2 rear fans by my case (dark flash) for getting the heat out. Maybe i need to improve my gpu heat to get better temps overall. I have a 280 AIO as well

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
The only time I've ever really had this be a massive problem was with my previous motherboard for this computer - it was an MSI x570 GPC, it had a number of issues (possibly the worst tech-related things I've ever bought), but what ultimately made me side-grade to an ASUS board was the fact the VRMs on the MSI board could jump up to 100c+ in under 2 minutes when running a multi-core load. This was with a 3900x though, lower end SKUs might not have that problem.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I have 4 front fans by noctua. 2 rear fans by my case (dark flash) for getting the heat out. Maybe i need to improve my gpu heat to get better temps overall. I have a 280 AIO as well
that's good, AIO will have two fans so that makes 8 fans in total.

I have two fans blowing into the AIO from the front of the case then have another two fans blowing or sucking the air out of the AIO into the case, then the other three fans on the case are blowing out of the case and blowing at the back and top.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
My laptop loves getting warm. Not for general things of course but the moment I start even a small Xbox game, it gets warm and you can hear the fans just going crazy.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I had one that overheated and stopped working. I had to get the fans replaced.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I remember my very first pc losing its fan, tried to set it outside during winter to keep it going but didn't work out lol.

Had a pc at work the other day extremely overheat, couldn't even touch it for half an hour.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
The only time I ever had an overheating problem was with my old laptop, after many years of use it started to struggle and give me issues and despite me cleaning the laptop and getting rid of any dust on the fans, I found it still had overheating issues.

I now tend to use it for the bare minimum and it still runs well enough for that.