Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Hello from Sunny Singapore!

Orius

A new face
Reaction score
Website
letterboxd.com
Hubux
$878
Winbux
$0.00
Heya, what's up. I was searching for a new discussion forum centered on TV shows and movies, and I just happened to stumble across your site via the XenForo forum. :)

I'm a 30 year old Singaporean Chinese who spent the past few months trying to catch up with three '90s TV series (Simpsons, X-Files, and Buffy). I'm watching them on rotation, moving on from one series to another per season. Currently, I'm watching season 5 of The X-Files alongside season 2 of Chris Carter's other creation, Millennium. Both are pretty great so far.

I'm also a big anime fan, currently watching two rather unconventional anime, "Beastars" and "Banana Fish". Beastars is a romance dramedy that explores the prejudice themes explored in Disney's "Zootopia", while Banana Fish is a crime thriller that deals with some pretty uncomfortable themes such as sexual assault and pedophilia (and the trauma one faces from them), but it's also a refreshing story about male homosexuality, something you don't normally see in Japanese animation (or in most American drama for that matter). And yes, the title is based on Salinger's novel.

Let's see, a little about me... I'm a pretty simple man with simple interests like movies and video games. I'm picky with my food, but my tastes in them are also simple, my favorites being French fries and cheeseburgers, though I've spent more time nibbling spicy chips. While I've recently made more effort to spend time on TV series, something I've always had trouble binging, my first love was movies, particularly all the big-name geek classics like Aliens, Terminator and Back to the Future. I'm not sure why I just decided to finally take time to watch popular series that are over 20 years old, but I guess it's just that phase in my life when I finally have time to spend two to three weeks binging season after season.

Anyway, thanks for having me. Hope to make some friends here. Ciao!

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Hello and welcome to the community! You'll fit in well here.