Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How Do You Advertise/Get People To Join Your Website?

Masterminor

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hubux
$1,124
Winbux
$1.00
What methods do you use to get active people to view and interact with your website? Let's all share our secrets and work together to improve our sites. Something I do is use SEO or Search Engine Optimization. I also use a free advertising website a friend showed me and it's gotten me a lot of readers on my blog. For my youtube channel I use Discord servers as my main advertising platform.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I think good old time and dedication is the key ingredient :)

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Advertise but doesn't seem to work anymore. I find that social media has made forums a lot harder to get going.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
  1. Advertising on Social Media Platforms.
  2. Sign up to webmaster promotional communities.
  3. Publishing routine, regular content.
  4. Optimize SEO results
  5. Patience and Dedication

This is how I get people to join and stay a member of my forum. It's difficult, don't get me wrong. However, with hard work, comes positive results.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Facebook and many fiverr gigs lol

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
Really, the only solid way I have found to get members without having to pay for them, is to advertise them on forums I plan on being active on, and then to just post frequently enough to get the link seen. Exchanges are a little more hard to do, as that doesn't grant me a long term member most of the time, and I don't have the money to spend atm, for direct advertising.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Really, the only solid way I have found to get members without having to pay for them, is to advertise them on forums I plan on being active on, and then to just post frequently enough to get the link seen. Exchanges are a little more hard to do, as that doesn't grant me a long term member most of the time, and I don't have the money to spend atm, for direct advertising.
That's what I do, join sites post so much content and with your site details in the signature. It's very very slow going. WOuld help also that you have good ranking and SEO

Smokey

Twitch Streamer - Revillution.net Owner.
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,019
Winbux
$0.00
I've been advertising a lot on Twitter and it's helped me gain quite a few new members, a lot of them are content creators looking for helpful tips or ways to further promote their content like their stream or youtube channels. I've also been trying to appeal to other groups of people in general wherever I can. :)

Smokey

Twitch Streamer - Revillution.net Owner.
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,019
Winbux
$0.00
Since we have a place that advertises people's streams when they're live, and a few streaming buddies of mine have used it themselves, they have been helping spread the word of the site to other streamers and content creators, so that's helped us gain a lot more users in a short period of time. :) Been thinking of maybe getting a shirt designed. :)

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'm still trying to work it out for this forum, to be honest. The problem with advertising a general discussion forum is that you can't really use some of the traditional platforms like social media sites. So that tends to just leave other forums which is not always easy.