Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How do you connect and communicate with members on your site?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
What type of things do you keep your members updated on? Also, how do you go about communicating those updates/changes/additions? How much noise is too much?

At DH, we primarily have been using the notification system, sending an alert here and there, and even sent one DM. Besides that we use sticky threads throughout. Do you use anything different?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
As you said, we use different systems here at Discussion Hub like the notices, alert system and the News & Update section to keep our users updated.

Once we have sorted out a few things, I would like to start creating a monthly newsletter that is posted in the News section as well or maybe even emailed out that summarises a few of the recent updates and lets users know about the most popular topics from that month.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
Personally, I use topics for most generic updates, and emails for more important updates. I haven't decided if notifications should be used yet, as I see it as a little annoying if there are "updates" happening frequently.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Sometimes mass email recently updated threads. Have an announcement section for any forum news.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
It's hard if you do not have the members base but once you do then great. I say once the site is busy and active it tends to look after itself on its own

Comes down to the topics you post and what you give to the members that make them want to say

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
We use sticky threads throughout the forum too. The discussion is set as a global announcement which means no matter what section a member could be posting in, they'll see the message, at the top of their screen. It's hard to find the right balance and not go over the top, though.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Typically mass conversations if its important.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I typically just make announcements on the forum, but every once in a while I'll send a private message too. I've used a mass email once before, but I don't think many people read them.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
mass email once before, but I don't think many people read them.
I used to also, then I stopped since only have of the member's signup for emails, then you have no idea what emails are still alive or taken down and lastly goes into spam and they do not read them. Just pointless using your server resources.