Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How do you design?

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
If people know me by now, they know I don't know coding. Can anybody put in layman terms how do you design? What does it entail? It may be something I, or even others, may want to dabble in if we knew more about it. I know for some, it comes easily. But, how about for those of us who don't know a thing. Where would we start? Do you have software you download? Sites you visit?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
If people know me by now, they know I don't know coding. Can anybody put in layman terms how do you design? What does it entail? It may be something I, or even others, may want to dabble in if we knew more about it. I know for some, it comes easily. But, how about for those of us who don't know a thing. Where would we start? Do you have software you download? Sites you visit?
Sorry for the late response @ZandraJoi ?.

Just to clarify before I start responding, by design, do you mean creating a website design?

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
Sorry for the late response @ZandraJoi ?.

Just to clarify before I start responding, by design, do you mean creating a website design?
No worries :) Website design, including themes. I learned a bit more since having my own forum & was wondering if there are added tips & tricks to make it easier. :)

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Back when I ran my sites on Jcink, the skins were pretty easy to the point anyone could learn how to code or mess with them. These days skins, although look a lot nicer, are very complex. Takes a mixture of photoshop (or similar software), and html5 knowledge to make one.

Uncrowned Guard

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Website
uncrownedempire.com
Hubux
$957
Winbux
$0.00
I used to play around with themes/skins back when phpBB was the forum software everyone used, but now they are simply too advanced and integrated into the core framework. I will still edit minor CSS settings and little things, but overall my web designing anymore is finding what I like and buying it lol.