Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How do you pick staff?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
If someone likes being on your forum to begin with and isn't a trouble maker, that's usually a good sign.

I've also found a couple of people on FP before.
FP tends to be a good place to find staff but you have to be a bit picky sometimes.

It's important to remember to not just hire the first person that applies unless you're 110% sure they are a good fit for your site.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,391
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I tend to check Forum Promotion for users looking to join a community or I'll post a thread looking for some staff members as well. I knew @Jordan from a previous project so he was an easy pick. I can't remember if I contacted @Hungry Ego first or if he messaged me after seeing one of my messages ?

I usually check out their content, see what they are like and then make a decision from there. I think it's important to be slightly picky with your staff members because it's important that you don't just pick someone that posts a lot but has poor quality content.

You poached?? LOL

prophet

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
otaku-paradise.net
Hubux
$120
Winbux
$0.00
Previously, I really went with people that I knew & had formed relationships with over time. Recently, I selected two people that I could mesh with really well considering it felt like we had similar personalities. One was already active in my community whereas the other had messaged me from an ad that I had posted. Both have been incredible to work with so far, regardless of how small the community is currently but I wouldn't replace either.

I'm generally working alone on projects anyway so this was a nice change of pace. :)

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
When I look into promoting members to staff members, I look at how dedicated they are to the community and whether they would be a good asset to the staff team.

Those who seem to have dedication and enjoy the forum I feel are perfect candidates as staff on a forum.