Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How fast can you type per minute?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
If you're unsure, you can take a typing speed test here.

Please post your typing speed.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It depends on the day really and how long I've already spent on my laptop but I usually get around 95-105 words per minute on my laptop. That puts me at the top which is quite nice. We should set up a typing contest at some point, would be interesting to see where everyone ends up on a leaderboard.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
If i get to type in spanish then my avg would be 80 or so.. in English it's a poor 64 lol

Also, writing on a laptop it's a pain for me. I will try again at home.

Teg

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,898
Winbux
$0.00
As tested recently, I can type about 89-110 WPM with 99% accuracy. I had to take a test for a job and the goal was at least 40 WPM. Pretty sure I passed that, but got turned down for the job. That being said, I've pretty much been using computers since the early 90s.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
Not too sure right now. If I were reading off something or had purpose, I expect it to be somewhere between 55-80 wpm. And that is expecting that I go back and correct myself as I type. I don't generally type out a whole block of text, and fix potential issues later.

When I am thinking about what I am typing, speeds go between 30-60; usually depending on what I am writing about, and if I am trying to think of ways to express myself without issue.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
i retook the test today, 74wpm.. i think i was never this fast! :D definitely i can perform better without having to use stressed words in spanish!

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
I'm about 70 wpm but it really depends on what I'm typing up. If I'm doing an email to a friend I sometimes need to get my thoughts out very quickly so I'm a lot faster. I took typing in high school and was the top of my class and it was fun typing on an electric typewriter. I had a manual typewriter where you had to fling the bar to the side after each row and I can't even imagine doing that today! LOL

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
67 WPM here. I believe that I type faster on my work computer though simply because I use it more.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
It said 54 WPM; but, I know that isn't true because the stupid test would lag when loading to the next line of text and cause me to make mistakes in the capitalization and spacing. I'll try retaking it when my desktop isn't being a grumpy sourpuss from gaming.