Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How fast do you put your website up?

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
I try to put my websites up within a month but depending on the site I can go faster or slower. My forum is going to take over a month due to me moving and not having motivation to complete the layout or make the posts.

What about you?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
If I was a single person working on it then it can take far more longer then it would if there was a team. For me, I set up a timeframe and stick with it :)

mostly it's a month. With a new site, it doesn't matter how long since traffic won't know. Once the site is live, it grows and builds as time goes on.

Jordan

Tech Support
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,371
Winbux
$0.00
It depends. If it is just a forum I can bang that out in a week. But if it is a company project etc, it can take up to 3 months. Currently, I am setting up a hosting company. RawHost. It was supposed to be up last month, but I will not put something up that is not perfect.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Pretty much immediately and I only tell a group of friends until its ready to advertise.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Immediately. It takes anywhere from one week to a month to have all forums, guidelines, and permissions set up properly. In this time I have to create a logo and choose a theme too.

I won't start advertising the webpage until the job is complete.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Pretty much. It helps noone to wait too long. My friend tried starting up a game server and he kept clearing the discord and re doing it all until he gave up and it only went up a few times.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I did it twice and rather not do it again. Like going back to school and taken years to learn it all over again. Same with the site, you start it from nothing again and takes forever to build up with work. At times easy to buy a site or take full ownership of another site that has been running already.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
hrmmm, I think..... 6-8 years since I last threw a site up from scratch.
Oh DAMN it really has been a while. roughly same here until my current one.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Once I am sure about an idea, it takes me about a day or two to get it up and running. I then try to populate it with content and get some help as well. It takes me around another week or two later to start advertising it and getting people to join

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Slow as a snail with the current one. Between the insane heat, my procrastination and not feeling well not done any more on it for over a week.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
My typical time it takes to get a forum or website ready, generally depends on the genre. If I take the time to think things through, it usually takes a month for me to put things together the way I want it to be.

Jason

Troubleshooter
Reaction score
Website
webmasterchill.com
Hubux
$218
Winbux
$0.00
I put my site online with a day or 2. But not advertise or promote immediately, will wait for 2 or 3 weeks. Once i get decent no of posts i will start showcasing it.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I don't think it's about how fast you put your site up. Putting a site together takes some time. You have to make some content, arrange the layout, come up with a name for the site, etc. There's all kinds of things that go into making it look good.

Smokey

Twitch Streamer - Revillution.net Owner.
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,019
Winbux
$0.00
I try to get them up within a month or 2, no longer than 3 months. :) If it's one that'll take longer, I use the off time to also build up hype for the site.