Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How long you keep your phone for?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
So how long does your phone last, or should say how long do you keep your phone until it dies? I know to the fact that if it's your own phone, outright or on contracts. If on a contract deal then at times you have no option to keep it for 2 years or so.

For me, 16 years so far and really need to get a new one since the battery is not as good as it was.

Alexandoy

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,512
Winbux
$0.00
My phone was bought in 2010 which means it is already 10 years old. Okay, I will admit that it is a Nokia, waheehee. But I have 2 Samsung phones courtesy of my wife (her old ones are given to me) that I use for the internet.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I usually go for a 2 year contract so I tended to replace my phone every time at the end of the contract. My old phone would go to a family member and I would get one. But with my Galaxy S20 that I have right now, I bought it outright so I may actually keep it for slightly longer than 2 years.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Really I'll keep one around until it starts giving me problems, except this time I've ordered an fxtec pro1 to replace my galaxy S7 since I really like the physical keyboard. However, the company is really damn slow getting these built and shipped (even pre-Corona) so I've been waiting almost a year for mine. By the time I get it I'll have had my S7 for 4 years.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I typically try to keep my phone for at least a couple of years before considering getting a new one. My current phone is only seven months old so there's no need for me to get a new one. I don't need the latest phone to be content, in fact I've never actually had a brand new phone. (All the phones I've got were already a year or two out of date by the time I got them.)

Ikenna

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,909
Winbux
$0.00
If my smartphone doesn't become faulty and a pain in the butt, I usually keep it for at least 3-4 years before thinking about replacing it. Although, I have used one of my phone's for 5 years.

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
If my smartphone doesn't become faulty and a pain in the butt, I usually keep it for at least 3-4 years before thinking about replacing it. Although, I have used one of my phone's for 5 years.
Same here 3-5 years for me too.
No point replacing it every year.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
I have a phone right now that I have had since Christmas 2021. Prior to that, my daughter used it for a year before she upgraded to her iPhone at Christmas 2021. I have been using the phone since I got it and it still works for everything I need it for and still updates to the latest version of Android as well. I feel it will last me another year or so if that. As long as it still works for the apps I use and still upgrades to the latest version of Android and works as it should, I will keep it as long as I can.