Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How many websites do you have?

Nomad

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
Currently, I am running 20 websites, 19 blogs, and 1 forum. My primary aim in building websites is to sell them through flippa. I sell one website per month on average. Currently, I have half a dozen websites listed on flippa for sell. I regularly add new websites to my list on flippa.
Haw many websites do you own?

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,985
Winbux
$0.00
I only have one forum at this time. I know of many people who run several sites & forums. I’m always amazed at how they find the time! Since I never bought a forum (mine is a free Proboards one), what prompts people to buy & sell websites? Is it a good financial investment? A nice side hobby?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Just the one :)

I can't see myself running two or three not alone 20 websites and 19 blogs OMG. How do you able to keep the funds and support going and not to mention the time XD Unless you build them and have people running them for you :)

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Just the two for me. Discussion Hub and my portfolio site. I've been trying to get my portfolio up for a long time but I just don't have the time to work on it, unfortunately.

How the hell does someone manage 22 different sites lol?

Nomad

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
I only have one forum at this time. I know of many people who run several sites & forums. I’m always amazed at how they find the time! Since I never bought a forum (mine is a free Proboards one), what prompts people to buy & sell websites? Is it a good financial investment? A nice side hobby?
I sold my first website in 2017. It was a 15-page website on the mental health niche. I sold it for $150. It was not a big amount, but profitable of course because I spent just $10 on domain and $30 on articles. (U already had hosting). found selling websites to be profitable, therefore, I continued.

HikerShawn

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
www.forumtips.blog
Hubux
$2,025
Winbux
$0.00
LOL.

I think I have 28 websites total.

I run several blogs. I love writing content and blogging so I have quite a few of them. I have several websites attached to my main local brand, many of them are stand-alone content that isn't updated regularly.

I have a couple forums like this, well not as active as this one and definitely not as GOOD LOOKING as this one!!!

That's about it, most of them are powered by WordPress self-hosted software.

All on a VPS and VPS-MySQL server. I'll probably upgrade to a dedicated server here shortly.

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
Yeah how!
That is insane.
---
I think seven.
Personal site, few blogs, forum , computer help site where i dumped all my computer articles and website help site that I working on adding more stuff to.

HikerShawn

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
www.forumtips.blog
Hubux
$2,025
Winbux
$0.00
Wow! Where do you find the time to keep up with them all?
I'll break them down here:

I have 4 message forums. Two that I am actively trying to turn into something long-term. The other two I am not as actively trying but I am seeing where they go because they're in a competitive market.

In an attempt to promote the 4 forums, I have created 4 different blogs that will be related to them. These blogs are meant to promote the members of the forums, particularly their websites/blogs/forums/brands/etc. That is a WIP right now.

I have 8 blogs. I write an article a week for each of them. One blog is earning revenue so I am upping it to 2 articles a week. By this time next year, I'm hoping to have one article a day on it. I enjoy writing and can write multiple articles a day to keep up with demand. I have a lot of content waiting to be posted. That is the key to having a successful network of blogs, content already created.

The rest are WordPress powered but static websites that require little updates, just enough to keep search engines happy.

I'm a website nerd by all means :)

Nomad

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,245
Winbux
$0.00
LOL.

I think I have 28 websites total.

I run several blogs. I love writing content and blogging so I have quite a few of them. I have several websites attached to my main local brand, many of them are stand-alone content that isn't updated regularly.

I have a couple forums like this, well not as active as this one and definitely not as GOOD LOOKING as this one!!!

That's about it, most of them are powered by WordPress self-hosted software.

All on a VPS and VPS-MySQL server. I'll probably upgrade to a dedicated server here shortly.
I have shared hosting and have never run out of my hosting resources. Therefore, I have never felt the necessity of upgrading. All of my websites are built on wordpress except, one, which is running on simple machine forum software. If you have wordpress websites, running and managing is not very difficult.

HikerShawn

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
www.forumtips.blog
Hubux
$2,025
Winbux
$0.00
I have shared hosting and have never run out of my hosting resources. Therefore, I have never felt the necessity of upgrading. All of my websites are built on wordpress except, one, which is running on simple machine forum software. If you have wordpress websites, running and managing is not very difficult.
I have a virtual private server. I'm probably going to go dedicated here shortly. I'm waiting for the monetized blog to hit a certain point before I do it. It is almost to $100 a month. I'm hoping to get it to $150/mo and then upgrade. I have other sources of income from merch, Patreon, and affiliate marketing as well.