Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How much money?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$432
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
What is the most you've ever spent on a desktop / laptop computer?

i've spent around 1k $ on my current desktop. it is always around that when i upgrade, of course the next time i'll do it it could be potentially much more.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I've spent about $1,000 on this gaming laptop I'm using now. I've never actually built a PC before, I just get them prebuilt. :V

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
The Desktop rig that I'm using now is worth almost $2500 that's without monitors and keyboards/mouse. My monitor is like $800 (Yes USD based).

My Laptop that I did have that lasted me three years was around $2800AUD

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
My current desktop has easily been the most I've ever spent on a rig, I think it totaled out to around €3500 or something outrageous lol (watercooled using Bitspower fittings and I have some nice bits like the Aquaero controller in there too).
Next time, I will probably use Bykski or Barrow fittings as they're apparently just as good for a fraction of the price.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
My current desktop has easily been the most I've ever spent on a rig, I think it totaled out to around €3500 or something outrageous lol (watercooled using Bitspower fittings and I have some nice bits like the Aquaero controller in there too).
Next time, I will probably use Bykski or Barrow fittings as they're apparently just as good for a fraction of the price.
Damn, what's the hardware parts then? like CPU and GPU. Sounds like custom-built PC then?

Image??

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Damn, what's the hardware parts then? like CPU and GPU. Sounds like custom-built PC then?

Image??

I could have sworn I posted my specs here before but I can't find them now so (also yes its custom built):

Fractal Define R6
Ryzen 3900x (my latest Geekbench score)
x2 8GB G. Skill Trident Royal Silvers (Hynix CJR) @ 3600MHz 16-18-20-37 1T
ASUS x570 TUF
Radeon VII @ 2000MHz Core / 1280MHz Mem 1176mV
Seasonic Focus Platinum 750w
Samsung 860 1TB OS Drive
Samsung 850 250GB for games
Seasonic 7200RPM 4TB for everything else

and watercooling wise:

Some Bykski AM4 block
An EK waterblock for the RVII
x2 240x45 EK radiators
Bitspower fittings/tubing
XSPC Photon Res/Pump combo
Aquaero XT (dunno which version)
Some Noctua fans
EK Cloud White Premix

Here's an outdated pic, but it doesnt look too much different now. Some of the cost was driven up by the fact I had to replace an MSI x570 GPC with my current mobo, because the VRMs of that board would hit 105c under sustained multicore load of the 3900x after only 2 minutes... I also had a Bitspower CPU block I had to replace with the Byski one because the screws were too cheap and wore away. I also have these Phanteks Halo Lux plates that sit on top of the Noctua fans to give them RGB. And to top it off I got CableMod sleeve extensions made so it's really all these small details that drove the price up.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Nice to see a cool and good looking water-cooled system :) the system pics look nice :) Artwork :p

Your system is just about the same as my system, better CPU and more memory thought I have :p