Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How often do you buy games?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
How often do you buy games? Do you buy them every time you get paid or do you buy the every other month?

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
Not very often at all, TBH. Usually only at Christmas/my birthday, or during sales.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Usually when there's a sale on, and there's a game or two that I like the look of.

There's often very good deals to be had on digital marketplaces, particularly if you're prepared to create secondary accounts from other countries. I recently discovered just how much cheaper some games are via the Turkish PlayStation store, and they tend to be the same EU versions.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Usually when there's a sale on, and there's a game or two that I like the look of.

There's often very good deals to be had on digital marketplaces, particularly if you're prepared to create secondary accounts from other countries. I recently discovered just how much cheaper some games are via the Turkish PlayStation store, and they tend to be the same EU versions.

I do that too, in my country we get the same deal as the US while if i switch to Argentina we get absolute better deals!

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Very rarely. It has to be something I really want to play or I just wait for the price to drop and the game to go on sale. Especially with having bought a house this year, I've cut back on a lot of excess expenses and the like to save money for repairs or other bills I now have that I didn't.

Preneur

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,641
Winbux
$0.00
I actually rarely tend to buy games these days. I only buy when it's an exclusive and it's on sale. Even then, I'd buy it used and sell it off once I'm done playing with it. For all other gaming purposes, Xbox Game Pass is enough to keep me busy.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I just get games whenever there is something new that I like really. If there is a game that I like, I usually get it at launch. When I was younger and had to rely on my parents, I usually got most of my games for my birthday or Christmas. But that's not really the case anymore since I buy my own games now.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I always look for some of the seasonal sales. And I try to buy the games or the assets for the game development during that time. I think this way I can pretty much save a lot of money as well. I am fond of the bundles too and often check out respective sites for the same.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I don't buy them too often anymore, maybe every other month I'll get a new game. I really need to get to my huge backlog of games though, I've got a big collection of both new and old games I haven't even played once yet. :V

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Honestly it's hard to say. There's times where I spot a couple things I want and I could make several purchases in a week, but there's definitely times I go ages without buying anything. It probably averages out to once a month/month and a half or so.