Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How often do you charge your phone?

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
How regularly have you been charging your phone? Which kind of mobile do you have? I've got an iPhone Six Plus. Dependent on just what programmes I run and how much it is used, it can usually last 12 hours at most until I need to completely recharge my phone. My iPhone tends to overheat and use battery capacity quicker, when I start using it for Mobile Gaming purposes.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I normally keep my phone plugged in while I am working so I am one of those "bad guys" with the batteries, but the phone always works when I want it to, and I even bought a powerpack that is roughly the same size as the phone that I can bring with me.

TimeRider

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$69
Winbux
$0.00
I found most of the people charge the phone more than needed; they charge even for hours when the battery is 100% charged. Not all the phones have disconnect function when it is fully charged. So, it might be the problem that you charge phone for long hours as it will drain the battery life.

I try to be careful on this and charge as much less as I can.

Ezequiel17

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$60
Winbux
$0.00
I have a very good battery and also, I have it in "battery saving". It is a xiami Redmi Note 7. Due to this, I am charging it approximately every 30 hours

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I can't even remember what my normal charging routine was before we went into lockdown. Right now, I tend to charge it once in the morning and then again just before I go to sleep. The problem for me is that after charging it in the evening, I use it quite a lot before I actually go to sleep so it ends up going down quite a bit.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I'm not an active phone user but since my phone is old nowadays the battery life is not as long. Then again 10 years going aren't bad.

I tend to let it go down to 10% then I plug it in. It's always on :)

catgirl

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$135
Winbux
$0.00
Generally speaking I keep my phone plugged in while at my desk or through my laptop and then of course at night. The iPhone XR battery can last several hours before needing to be recharged depending on your workflow. I primarily use my iPhone for chat apps and email so it’s less resource intensive for sure ?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Generally speaking I keep my phone plugged in while at my desk or through my laptop and then of course at night. The iPhone XR battery can last several hours before needing to be recharged depending on your workflow. I primarily use my iPhone for chat apps and email so it’s less resource intensive for sure ?
Do you find that by keeping your phone plugged in, it reduces the lifetime of the battery?

catgirl

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$135
Winbux
$0.00
Do you find that by keeping your phone plugged in, it reduces the lifetime of the battery?
No because iOS regardless regulates when it accepts a charge and the frequency of them to protect the battery's long term health. It will intentionally allow certain energy cells to drain + recharge them on a schedule for you.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
No because iOS regardless regulates when it accepts a charge and the frequency of them to protect the battery's long term health. It will intentionally allow certain energy cells to drain + recharge them on a schedule for you.
Ok, that's amazing. I never would've known.

Thanks for sharing that awesome tidbit of info :)

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
I charge my phone, generally just at night. If I know I am going to use the battery loads more than normal, I will tend to charge it when it gets low.

Jisemendez

Josemendez
Reaction score
Hubux
$96
Winbux
$0.00
How regularly have you been charging your phone? Which kind of mobile do you have? I've got an iPhone Six Plus. Dependent on just what programmes I run and how much it is used, it can usually last 12 hours at most until I need to completely recharge my phone. My iPhone tends to overheat and use battery capacity quicker, when I start using it for Mobile Gaming purposes.
I normally charge my phone when the battery is below 5% .
Most times , I do allow it to go off completely , before charging it again .
The reason behind this my pattern , is to help the battery cycle run to a complete cycle .

Most times , people tends to charge their phone many times in a day , it is not ideal , as it is not good for the battery , a battery should be allowed to run the complete cycle of running off and charging full.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
I charge my phone, generally just at night. If I know I am going to use the battery loads more than normal, I will tend to charge it when it gets low.

Countless times now I have forgotten to put my phone on charge before I go to bed. It's an absolute nightmare in the morning when my alarm doesn't wake me up or when the battery is dead. I use Apple Pay to pay for my bus fare in the morning so you can see why this could be an awful situation to be in.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
A dozen times a day. iPhone battery life is pretty much non-existent. The only downside to iPhones.

I'm experiencing the same problem with my iPhone 6 plus. My battery wasn't' stable and would drop from 30% to 1% without any warning so recently I was left with no option but to replace it. And, what time of day do you charge your iPhone? Would you say you have a charging routine?

ARx182

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$192
Winbux
$0.00
I'm experiencing the same problem with my iPhone 6 plus. My battery wasn't' stable and would drop from 30% to 1% without any warning so recently I was left with no option but to replace it. And, what time of day do you charge your iPhone? Would you say you have a charging routine?
A charger routine? No lol. I charge my phone when my battery is low.