Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How often do you get a new phone?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,342
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
It has been 5 years but I FINALLY got a new phone. Can you tell I'm excited??? I went from a Samsung S3 to a Pixel 3A and I love it. One of the reasons I needed a new phone was because the old one needed a new battery yearly and it was finally getting to that point where I had to charge the phone around 1pm every day. That's no fun. So now I don't need to charge my phone so often even though I do put it on the charger at night just in case.

I love a lot of things about this new phone and the camera is something special. But I miss having my notification light like the last one had so I could tell at a glance if I had a message from someone through text, FB or WhatsApp.

When's the last time you got a new phone?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I wait until my current phone is basically dead. Last phone had to be plugged in to work. I probably could've fixed that with a new battery, but it was also around the time that Apple announced they were no longer going to be supporting the iPhone 5...which is what I had. Soooo I upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus and still love it. It is basically like a mini computer in my pocket, that is functional like a tablet at the same time.

My phone carrier keeps trying to get me to upgrade (because I am on month to month right now and not a contract) but I think I may just continue to buy phones outright and have them last 5+ years...

TimeRider

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$69
Winbux
$0.00
I recently bought iPhone 11 64 GB because I was having problem with my old phone; the battery life was draining a lot. I had a problem where I was going in a new place and my phone suddenly died. Luckily found a store where I could charge my phone and it was already late night.

I am happy with my current iPhone and has great battery life compared to old phone.

Mastersly

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$122
Winbux
$0.00
Usually every 3 years, If my phone works fine (Something that never happed) after 3 years then I buy a new one

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Ordinarily every two to three years. Since the end of 2019, I've had the same phone which is my iPhone 6. Most of the time, minor problems can be resolved without having to purchase a new phone. For example, new accessories such as an iPhone Charger or Battery would be normal to replace in this time frame. If you look after your gear, it will last.

LunarScorpio

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
workpluslifeequalsbalance.com
Hubux
$1,020
Winbux
$0.00
Pretty much whenever I'm able to update my phone, I do. That's around every two years, I believe, but there have been instances where I've kept my phone longer because of how much I love it. One of the important things that I look for in a phone is a camera because, honestly, that's primarily what I do with phones now-a-days. Especially with having a child, it's important for me to have a good camera.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
S3 to a 3A is a massive move. It must have felt so good to finally change phones @Lämmchen .

I tend to get a new phone every 2 years. This was the first year that I bought my phone outright instead of going for a contract because it ended up being a lot cheaper. I will most likely change it again in 2 years. I just like having a new phone and it's not too bad to just give my old phone to another family member.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I'm on my second phone and that is 10 years old and still use it :)

Before that, I had for 5 years. I don't use it and I'm not even thinking about getting another one. MOney is my downside here

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
I normally wait for 2 or 3 years before I think about getting a new phone. I have to wait for a certain amount of time before I can get a new phone to begin with because I have a certain amount of time that is spent paying for the phone. But I also don't want to get a new phone too quickly because I don't want to switch when I've just gotten use to the one I've got.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Very rarely. I only had to get a new phone this year as my old one stopped working (stays on boot loop when I turn it on) and then my backup phone stopped working too.

Jisemendez

Josemendez
Reaction score
Hubux
$96
Winbux
$0.00
It has been 5 years but I FINALLY got a new phone. Can you tell I'm excited??? I went from a Samsung S3 to a Pixel 3A and I love it. One of the reasons I needed a new phone was because the old one needed a new battery yearly and it was finally getting to that point where I had to charge the phone around 1pm every day. That's no fun. So now I don't need to charge my phone so often even though I do put it on the charger at night just in case.

I love a lot of things about this new phone and the camera is something special. But I miss having my notification light like the last one had so I could tell at a glance if I had a message from someone through text, FB or WhatsApp.

When's the last time you got a new phone?
I got the present phone I am using few weeks ago .
I don't normally change phone , because I endeavor to buy high quality phones at the first place , so that I don't have any reason , to change the phone any time soon.
The new phone I am using right now , offers me all that I want in a phone , I guess I will be using it for a long time .

Claraviolet

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$774
Winbux
$0.00
Unless my current phone is having issues, I wouldn't be going out of my way, to get a new phone.

I am using Oppo Reno 2Z at the moment and it's my second phone. I had to let go of my Samsung galaxy A5 as it's too slow. Well then, I won't be getting a new one anytime soon there.

I don't really get people who get new phones often in the first place. It's not like a used phone can fetch much money.

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
I used to be that person that gets new phones once a month if not once every other month but that stopped when I met my husband 2 years ago. Last year I went a year with my Note9 and now I'm trying (emphasis on trying) to go 2 years with my iPhone 11.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
4 years. I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro in early 2018. I will upgrade in 2022 :)