Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How to stop riots?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
The US is experiencing violent riots that are ripping apart peaceful protests and destroying the message they're trying to put out. The mayors and governors aren't wanting assistance in stopping these riots and I find that to be disturbing. Should the President send in troops to stop these criminals?

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
If I were the president I would have sent in the troops by now and by the next day have the mayor and governor's jobs up for grabs. Riots like that is further wrecking the economy and ruining more peoples lives. People have endured enough this year.

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
Problem are stupid people who don't even know about what protest are and they just one chance do make damage on street and fight with plice. When you have protest you can hide self in peaceful mass, but those guys would never do that alone.
One possible solution is collect personal data about people in peaceful protest. When peaceful protest start, no more joining so these guys with intention for fight will stay outside of group.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Problem are stupid people who don't even know about what protest are and they just one chance do make damage on street and fight with plice. When you have protest you can hide self in peaceful mass, but those guys would never do that alone.
One possible solution is collect personal data about people in peaceful protest. When peaceful protest start, no more joining so these guys with intention for fight will stay outside of group.

This is not what freedom of speech looks like at all, why do you need to appear in a list to protest peacefully? :( I agree with no further joining though

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
This is not what freedom of speech looks like at all, why do you need to appear in a list to protest peacefully?

I know it looks bad but this way you will no who come be part of peaceful protest and who come do damage on streets. When you find a guy who burned a car or broke glass on store, you can check was part of protest or not. Later give rate was it peaceful protest or not.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I think most of the US States can afford cameras around town (Buenos Aires for example) and profile everyone that come and goes.

Or make people protest only in designated areas where police could have control over those kind of situations.

Last edited:

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Most riots just have to burn out. There really is no stopping it unless the government uses the military. And the National Guard can and will use live rounds. They were deployed in Ferguson when it showed no signs of stopping. The Posse Comitatus act says that's illegal. But do remember that the government DOES have sovereign Immunity and cannot be sued unless there is consent from the way high up. So yes, they can legally open fire.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,346
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
The media is trying to say now that those riots were rare and that 90% of the protests were peaceful. I have a difficult time buying that when local newspapers state otherwise and friends who live in some of the cities affected are stating otherwise.

I think that the people here who said it just needs to die out are correct as long as the media doesn't keep stirring up the flames.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
The media is trying to say now that those riots were rare and that 90% of the protests were peaceful.

There's been many violent protests way before the 92 LA Riots and Ferguson and a lot of those violent protests don't make it into the news or the media. Even if they get worse, the US government can and will send the National Guard and they're allowed to use live rounds on citizens if they don't cease and desist. So I'm not worried.