Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Huge explosion shakes Beirut!

Gazza

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$46
Winbux
$0.00
WOW!!!

At least 100 dead and 4,000 injured after 'ammonium nitrate blast'. The Lebanese Prime Minister said the blast was caused by more than 2,700 tonnes of ammonium nitrate left unsecured at a warehouse near the city's port for six years, but Trump was quick to blame it on a 'bomb of some kind'. What do you think it was?

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
It’s the sad state of Lebanese infrastructure. A nation which had suffered civil war and unrest. A nation without means or standing. It was seized off a ship and quite simply they don’t have the ability to deal with anything like it - which is where the international community should step in. But we didn’t and tragedy strikes.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
This is definitely a terrible accident. I heard that the workers of the ship yard were trying to get the government to bring people in to deal with it and remove it, but those requests fell on deaf ears.

Aeowulf

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
aeowulf.com
Hubux
$961
Winbux
$0.00
Absolutely insane blast.

Some serious negligence on whomever was responsible for the warehouse cargo sitting for so long. Tragic.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Looks like the whole government is going to resign. Some of the videos were just crazy especially to see how powerful the shockwave was. Crazy to think that because of Coronavirus, fewer people probably died because there would have been a lot more people working at and nearer the port.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
Wow. I agree with Ash. Don't get me wrong, if even one person died as a result of this explosion then that was one too many. But I think this could possibly have been worse.

Joshua Farrell

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
I remember watching the videos when this first happened. After a few days, I decided to do some research on the same port; apparently they had within something like 5-6 years previous, a stockpile of weapons and ammo was sitting at port for whatever reason for an extended period of time, and that also blew up. Seems like an ongoing issue with things staying there, not getting moved elsewhere.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I remember watching the videos when this first happened. After a few days, I decided to do some research on the same port; apparently they had within something like 5-6 years previous, a stockpile of weapons and ammo was sitting at port for whatever reason for an extended period of time, and that also blew up. Seems like an ongoing issue with things staying there, not getting moved elsewhere.

That was the second wave of the explosion. :(