Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

If your house was about to burn down,

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
My bank card, so I could pay for a hotel room for the night.

That's a depressingly practical answer, but I don't have any particularly sentimental items.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
My laptop (of course :p ). Then, as many of my model trains as I could. Then, probably my drawings, if I still had time.

vans

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$808
Winbux
$0.00
Probably my laptop and my tablet; they're always in my bag, so that'd be an easy thing to pick up.

StormyFire

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$616
Winbux
$0.00
I wouldn't really care about saving any items as long as my family was safe. ^^ Items can be replaced, and nothing I own is incredibly valuable.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I would grab my truck keys and my dog then drive over to my parents house.

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
I'd get everyone out of the house. Their safety is my top priority. You can always get new stuff later.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
We have a suitcase and a box with important documentation (birth certificates, passports etc.) so that would get saved first Then maybe my PS5 :p

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Aside from my family (including pets) I would grab my computer and important documents (birth certificates, car title, etc) everything else is replaceable I think.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,391
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Good thread! I've seriously thought about this since my husband's aunt's house burned down 30 years ago. I wondered what I would grab in the very few minutes you have to get out of the house. For the longest time I actually had things put in one spot to grab easily such as my purse and baby photos of my daughter. This was before you had photos on the internet and now I have things in the cloud so I don't feel so compelled to save those albums as I once did.

So what would I grab now? My purse is probably the thing I would think to grab first on my way out the door. I'd probably pull one vehicle out of the garage too if I could, depending on where the fire was located.

The things I would want to take but probably wouldn't think about or have time would be the birth certificates, social security cards, passports and the mini safe we have that contains our life insurance policy papers.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
My parents have an emergency fire-proof bag stored in their garage. They did this so if the fire is in the house, all they have to do is grab car keys and exit the house.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
My parents have an emergency fire-proof bag stored in their garage. They did this so if the fire is in the house, all they have to do is grab car keys and exit the house.

That is such a brilliant idea. I will have to do this for my family.

Drac Morbis

Lord Malleus
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
session9.net
Hubux
$1,501
Winbux
$0.00
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Wow! Coolness. My Dad keeps a fire proof safe in his house.