Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

I'm back now!....not

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Do you get inactive members that will post a status update or will make a big post saying "I'm back and will be on here more often!" and then they go back to being inactive forever and it's extremely rare that they ever log on? Do you find posts like that misleading? On your forum how do you deal with posts like that made by those kinds of members?

Last edited by a moderator:

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Do you get inactive members that will post a status update or will make a big post saying "I'm back and will be on here more often!" and then they go back to being inactive forever and it's extremely rare that they ever log on? Do you find posts like that misleading? On your forum how do you deal with posts like that made by those kinds of members?

Yeah but i don't think it's misleading, we know who is around and who isn't, so that's that.

What i don't like is that if a member gets tons of threads like I'MBACK everytime he/she decides to log in.. then yeah i might get a little bit upset :p

I was never good with intros/goodbyes.. if i decide to go then i'll just say it in PM if i wish to do so.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
There used to be this kid on another forum that did this multiple times except you had to work out that it was him because he would always request to have his account deleted.

Post a bit, get his account deleted, wait a few weeks and return. Each return included a nice long introduction about why he is back and how he would never leave again

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I know of someone who did this on a forum I used to visit. This guy was nice, and I would consider him one of my friends but I bet it annoyed the admins having to delete his account, then he would come back and ask for his account to be reactivated. If I was that guy, I would have just left my account inactive and not request it to be deleted. Anyways I've seen these "Hello/Goodbye" threads long ago on older forums I used to visit, I don't really see them anymore though.