Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Is Overpopulation A Problem?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Do you think Overpopulation is a severe problem? If your answer is yes, please explain why.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Do you think Overpopulation is a severe problem? If your answer is yes, please explain why.
Yes, feeding billions of people is far more complicated than a million, you'll need a big food industry and that requires a lot of space.. also viruses tend to spread all over when a lot of people live in a very small place.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
So we should kill of 6 Billion people to save others?

It isn't a moral or a religious question. The question wasn't about whether or not we should agree that the governments in all countries should commit genocide on a global scale either. People have been dying in 3rd world countries from disease, starvation, and criminal actions since before either of us was ever born.

Mother Nature will starve millions of people when the resources dry up whether you like it or not. Any time a species becomes overpopulated, Mother Nature doesn't like it because it throws everything else out of balance. So Mother Nature creates a virus or a type of fungus that wipes out half of that species to control it's numbers. If that doesn't work, the food sources start to dry up because the overpopulated species eats everything.

Since overpopulation we've had more pollution, mass extinctions of other species, over fishing, no jobs, fossil fuels are becoming scarce, etc. etc. It's only getting worse.

Jayson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
I feel like people are trying to play God with abortion etc.. It's simply not the place of man and only leads to evil. I mean, the human idea of moral decisions are highly off-balance.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
I feel like people are trying to play God with abortion etc.. It's simply not the place of man and only leads to evil. I mean, the human idea of moral decisions are highly off-balance.

But what are your thoughts on overpopulation?

Do you think it's a problem?

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, the world isn’t managing the population correctly nor are we prepared for the growing population.

The problem is we don’t help each other enough, we all live in separate countries, under different governments.

If we all helped each other with food and accommodation and lived in harmony and accepted each other then it wouldn’t be the huge problem it is today.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
To be darkly honest, if it wasn't for wars, disease, weather disasters, and other things that have happened in human history up to this point, we be in a lot of trouble. To the point I wouldn't be here as I'm sure most of the world government would ban any family from having more than one child if allowed to have kids at all.

I don't think there is much of a problem right now, but its something to keep an eye on.

Zap

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Website
forumdb.net
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
It's a challenge, but not an unsolvable challenge. Maintaining the current population in a good way requires better ways of allocating resources ang territory and producing food and material goods if it is to be sustainable.

Also, the population growth is going to flatten out around 2040, mainly because of poorer countries getting an increase in their quality of life, which again leads to less infant mortality, which again leads to people having less children - so it is not like the population is going to keep growing as it has indefinitely.

Simon

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
webmastersmeet.com
Hubux
$1,925
Winbux
$0.00
No, overpopulation is not a problem. We can easily sustain and support billions of more people. The real problem is overconsumption, bad management, and our capitalistic world order.

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
I do not think, just hope pro life becomes more of a reality and it should moderate from there (not everyone can/want to keep on living so humane "dispatching" should be legalized and available).

But no we shouldn't go out and try to make people sick and such just to reduce numbers. Until the above is addressed we an become more efficient and improve lives in other means additionally.