Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Job Training

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I guess no matter how experienced we are, we need a bit of job training at the start to get used to a company's processes and system. Did you get training at your job? And was it enough?

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
First job I got a decent amount, it didn't take much to learn it.

Second job, retail, was a lot of trial by fire and boring videos I couldn't stay awake.

Third job was plenty of training with helpful staff, though when I got promoted, trial by fire is putting it lightly.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Yeah, I don't do too well with reading a lot of text or just watching videos. My current job gave me quite a bit of time for training but I definitely learnt more by actually doing my job.

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
I've had jobs where I got training and others where I didn't. Always better when you do!

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard
Reaction score
Hubux
$725
Winbux
$0.00
I've had on the job training with every job I've started at. They train you for a week or two and then they take the training wheels off.

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I did undergo a series of training sessions before launching as a virtual teacher. It has been more than a decade since I taught online with non-native speakers. I must say that I am well-equipped in this field.